- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A small-group trip to Mt Buller, with 7 hours in this alpine town
- The flexibility to enjoy your day how you like, with plenty of options available – explore the mountain & ski or snowboard the slopes
- 20% discount on equipment hire at Discount Ski Hire in Mansfield
- Access to the free mountain shuttles
- Transport in a comfortable 12-seater mini-bus
- Departs from the meeting point at St Paul’s Cathedral, Flinders Street, Melbourne
Mt Buller Day Tour From MelbourneSpend a day in the snow at Mt Buller, Melbourne's closest ski field that has something for everyone.
- Equipment hire
- Activities on the mountain
- Lift passes or lessons
What to Expect
Mount Buller is a resort village in eastern Victoria with an elevation of 1,805 metres, approximately 225 km from Melbourne. This mountain is known for its downhill ski slopes, terrain parks, cosy cafes, restaurants and bars.
This is the perfect opportunity to spend the day in the snow from June to September. Departing very early from Melbourne, your small group will make the journey to Mt Buller, arriving around 9:00 am, giving you 7 total hours on the mountain.
Once on the mountain, the day is all yours to experience the beautiful views, explore the mountain and ski or snowboard the slopes. A free shuttle bus operates from the car park to the village, and smaller shuttle buses operate within the town.
Build a snowman with the kids, try tobogganing or purchase a sightseeing lift ticket. If you want to learn to ski or snowboard, various ski lessons operate during the day. For experts, get your lift ticket and spend the whole day on the slopes. It's best to pre-book lift passes and lessons so you don't miss out, and it will save you time on the day.
The village is also home to plenty of restaurants and bars if you fancy an apres-ski (even if you don't hit the slopes!).
Lift passes, ski schools, ski hire, and meals are all available at your own expense. For those requiring ski equipment or clothing, the group will stop at Discount Ski Hire in Mansfield, where you will receive a 20% discount on any equipment you hire. Your guide tries to keep this stop as short as possible, so make sure you know what you need for the day.
The group will depart at 4:00 pm for the journey back to Melbourne, arriving at 8:00 pm.
Where we Visit:
- Mt Buller
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm clothes
- Phone charger and cable
- Comfortable shoes
- Money for equipment hire & meals
Yes, you can bring your own ski's, snowboard etc. There is room on the bus to store
If you need to hire equipment we do a quick stop on the way where you can pay to hire
Due to the distance and to make the most of the day it is and early start for our snow tour , we only pickup at Flinders Street Station at 4.40am.
Please wait on the walkway outside Flinders Street Station, just before the traffic lights on corner of Elizabeth Street. (This is on the corner of Flinders and Elizabeth street, opposite DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel)
- Route and stops might vary due to unforeseen circumstances
- Tours may change or be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances
- The Operator does not take responsibility for any injuries sustained whilst on the tour and all activities are done at your own risk
- Passengers must be waiting outside the front of your selected pick-up location 5 minutes prior to your pick up time. The pick up time might vary due to traffic conditions and seatbelts MUST be worn while travelling in the vehicle
- Cancellations up to 7 days prior to the trip will incur a cancellation fee of 25% tour price (if booked via agent extra cancellation fees might apply)
- Cancellations within 7 days result in loss of full fee
- Date or tour changes are permitted up to 7 days prior to the current tour booked, subject to availability
- Failing to attend the tour, or arriving late at the pickup point will result in loss of all money paid
- Flinders Street Station. Elizabeth street entrance
Reviews for Mt Buller Day Tour From Melbourne
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely