- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- The Moa Ziplining adventure, with 4 amazing zip lines, 8 aerial treetop platforms, & views over Lake Wakatipu
- An afternoon wine tour of Queenstown's Central Otago wine region
- Visit Gibbston, one of the sub-regions of this stunning area
- Delicious wine tastings at 3 boutique vineyards, with a cheeseboard to accompany one of them
- Take a tour through Gibbston Valley Winery's underground wine cave
- View the AJ Hackett Bungy bridge & Kawarau river
- Transport onboard a luxury Mercedes-Benz minivan, with a full commentary on the wine, sights & early history from your guide
- Drop-offs to selected Queenstown CBD accommodation
- Departs from the meeting point at Ziptrek Guest Services Tree, at the Skyline Gondola upper terminal
Queenstown Zip & Sip TourSpend the morning on a ziplining eco-adventure & an afternoon sipping quintessential wines from the Gibbston wine region.
- Tickets on the Skyline Gondola
What to Expect
If you like wine and adventure, then this combo tour that combines ziplining and wine tasting is a perfect choice!
Spend an exhilarating morning zip-lining through the beautiful forest canopy high above Queenstown on the Skyline Gondola hill. Journey through the forest on four incredible ziplines with stunning views across Lake Wakatipu to the Remarkables mountain range.
Two guides will take you on an adventure as the ziplines start low and slow and gradually build your confidence as they get progressively longer, higher and faster. The company is renowned for its sustainable efforts and its tours are suitable for all confidence levels and abilities.
You will need to make your own way to the Tree House for check-in at 10.30 am. There are two ways to get there – take the Skyline Gondola (tickets not included), or for a more active option, hike the Tiki Trail up Bob's Peak. If you decide to hike, allow at least 1 hr to 1 hr 30 min, or longer if you have children. Alternatively, if you choose the gondola, allow 40-60 minutes to access the upper Skyline complex. The check-in treehouse is located 100 metres to the left of the Skyline Gondola upper terminal.
After zip-lining is finished, take a five-minute stroll into town where you'll have time to enjoy lunch at your leisure (not included). Then, your wine guide will collect you at 1:25 pm from the Queenstown Central bus stop at 43 Camp Street, to join the Queenstown Classic Afternoon Wine Tour.
Then, spend the afternoon sipping wines in Gibbston, aptly known as the "Valley of the Vines". It's one of the six-sub regions of the impressive and scenic Central Otago wine region. Enjoy a full running commentary from your passionate and enthusiastic Wine Guide to learn more about this pioneering industry.
Visit three perfectly selected vineyards, including a guided tour through New Zealand's largest underground wine cave at Gibbston Valley Winery. Sample the best varietals and enjoy a shared cheeseboard accompanying one of the wine tastings.
Plus, you'll also get to see the thrill of the Bungy as you view the dramatic Kawarau Gorge. It's home to AJ Hackett Bungy jump, so you can watch intrepid jumpers from the viewing deck and feel your adrenaline pump as they plummet from a height of 43 metres!
Where we Visit:
- Bob's Peak
- Ziptrek Ecotours ziplining adventure
- 3 Central Otago wine regions, including Gibbston, Cromwell & Bannockburn
- 4 different wineries, which will vary but may include Mt Difficulty, Chard Farm, Amisfield or Gibbston Valley Winery
- Old Cromwell Town (weather permitting)
Frequently Asked Questions
Closed-toe footwear is compulsory on all ziplining tours. It’s always a few degrees cooler up on Bob’s Peak and weather conditions can change quickly. Always bring an extra layer, no matter the season.
In winter, it's recommended you rug up as if you’re going skiing! Gloves, hats, neck warmers and warm coats are essential.
If you have a camera or small recording device, you’re welcome to bring it with you.
Ziptrek tours run in rain or shine (and even snow!), all year-round.
The tour area is located in a mixed alpine forest – the tree canopy does provide some shelter from rain/snow. There is also a limited supply of wet weather jackets, hats and gloves, if required – but it's recommended you always come prepared with extra layers!
Ziptrek has custom-designed and manufactured harnesses, which are similar to those used for rock climbing. The harnesses are a five-point full-body design. They are lightweight, giving all guests the security they need and the freedom to move around when on the ziplines.
- For ziplining, the minimum age is 6 years & the maximum weight is 125kg
- Pregnant guests should not participate in the ziplining
- All activities have elements of risk and all guests undertaking any activity do so voluntarily and at their own risk
- All Guests agree to adhere to any instructions in relation to the activity from the operator at all times
- The operator reserves all rights to cancel any activity at its discretion for (but not limited to) any of the following reasons: a) waterway, road or weather conditions; b) lack of numbers participating in the activity; c) unsuitability of guest(s) due to reasons such as age, ill health, poor fitness, intoxication or any other reasons rendering a guest unsuitable or unfit to participate; d) any other circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of the operator
Outside of 48 hours before departure
- booking dates can be reissued or changed to a different date or time at no extra cost, subject to availability
- bookings can be refunded less a $10 (per transaction) penalty if booked through the Real Time Booking System. This will be refunded back onto the card payment was made with. Please allow up to 10 working days for this to clear
- Any booking paid by a New Zealand bank account can be fully refunded less a $10 (per transaction) penalty. This will be refunded back into the nominated bank account and will appear within 3-5 days
- Any booking paid by International direct deposit can be fully refunded less a $15 (per transaction) penalty and the amount will depend on the conversion rate on the day the refund is processed. This should appear with 5-10 day
Inside of 48 hours before departure – bookings can not be reissued and no refund will be issued
- ZipTrek Ecotours
Reviews for Queenstown Zip & Sip Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely