Spend a day on the Port Hills at one of Christchurch’s most spectacular climbing areas – it's great for both beginners & experience climbers.
Christchurch Rock Climbing Tour Highlights
- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- An exciting full-day small-group rock climbing tour to Port Hills, including the use of all gear & safety equipment
- Access to more than 2,000 climbing routes, making this great for both beginners & experienced climbers
- The chance to try abseiling off one of the crags
- A picnic lunch, served at the crag (climbing area), plus morning & afternoon tea
- The services of a passionate & friendly guide, who will teach you climbing basics & set up each climb
- Transport onboard a comfortable & airconditioned minibus
- Convenient return transfers from selected Christchurch CBD accommodation or a central meeting place (Canterbury Museum, Princess Margarate Hospital or Lyttleton Port)
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions about Christchurch Rock Climbing Tour
Yes, the Operator is happy to collect you from Lyttelton port.
Yes. They will collect you from your accommodation or one of the central meeting spots.
Yes, they will provide morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea.
Prior experience is not necessary.
The largest group with one guide is eight people.
All you will need for this tour is your walking/sport shoes and active clothing. We will send you a full gear list after your booking is complete.
Reviews for Christchurch Rock Climbing Tour
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- Canterbury Museum (Christchurch City Center)
- Lyttleton Port (Shore Excursion pick-up)
- Princess Margaret Hospital (free all day parking)