- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Learn how to dive with skilled instructors
- Full scuba tuition and training
- Explore Goat Island Marine Reserve and see native marine life
- Enjoy a half day of diving fun
- Fitting and hire costs of dive equipment included
- Diver Medical | Participant Questionnaire form to be completed prior to tour
Goat Island Try Scuba Diving - Half DayDiscover an underwater world as you learn how to dive with qualified instructors!
Why do we love this
This is a great first taste of diving. We love that your instructor is with you every step of the way before you embark on an epic dive at Goat Island Marine Reserve.
What to Expect
To take part in this experience you MUST be able to swim to a medium level and feel confident in the sea. You will need to have had experience snorkelling. You MUST be able to swim to a medium level and feel confident in the sea.
Ever wondered what it's like to breathe underwater? To explore an underwater world full of marine life around you? On this tour, you can discover just that! A safe, fun and exciting activity, this half-day dive experience will see you explore the fascinating Goat Island Marine Reserve.
A Try Dive experience means your qualified instructor will take you through every step of the experience, getting you comfortable before you dive in.
You'll meet your instructor at the Goat Island Dive and Snorkel Center, where they'll take you through some basic dive skills to get you going.
Then, it's out to Goat Island Reserve!
You'll learn some skills and theory that will keep you safe, and also learn some useful hand signals to use while you're underwater. Now is also the time to get acquainted with your dive gear, and get familiar with how it all works.
Once you're feeling ready, head into the water and have a play in the shallows. Practice some of your new skills to make sure you're nice and comfortable.
After this, the real fun begins!
Head beneath the waves to meet to fish and other marine life that call this spot home! You'll be part of a natural aquarium, swimming by tons of colourful fish and marine life including blue maomao, huge snapper, eagle and stingrays, blue cod, octopus, kahawai and crayfish. Sometimes dolphins or orca might come and play!
Allow up to 4 hours in total, with roughly 45mins in the water.
The Try Scuba Diving Experience runs on regular dates throughout the summer period starting November to May, Friday/Saturday/Sunday/ Monday otherwise on request.
Meet at Goat Island Dive and Snorkel - 142A Pakiri Road, 0947 Leigh (just above Leigh Sawmill Cafe).
Frequently Asked Questions
Please bring along swimwear, towel, sunscreen, something warm to put on afterwards and a snack or two.
There are no food outlets down at the Reserve, drinks and snacks can be purchased at our store.
- If the weather looks doubtful: a.) Check your text messages and answer phone on the day as we may have tried to contact you to cancel the activity b.) OR phone the shop the day before 09 422 6925 or on the morning of your booking to confirm weather is suitable and safe for your dive/snorkel experience. c.) Like us on Facebook for daily weather updates.
- Please bring along swimwear, towel, sunscreen, something warm to put on afterwards and a snack or two.
- There are no food outlets down at the Reserve, drinks and snacks can be purchased at our store.
- You will have to answer "No" to all questions on the medical form. If you answer, "yes" to any, you will have to see your physician to get the ok to go scuba diving.
- Must be able to speak English.
- Must be at lease 12 years of age.
- Must have snorkeled before (if you have not, we advise you complete our "Guided Snorkel Tour" first). - Have basic swimming knowledge (can swim 100 m).
- We have a 24-hour cancellation policy, please notify us of any cancellation prior to this time. No show or late cancellation, your credit card will be charged full amount.
- Your safety is our highest priority, if we cancel due to a weather call made by us you can rebook for another time and date.
Reviews for Goat Island Try Scuba Diving - Half Day
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely