Get to know some of the most stunning parts of the North Island – and get a peek at some of the perks of the South Island too on this 12-day tour.
New Zealand Wanderer Highlights
- Get up to $90 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 12-day premium tour of New Zealand, discovering the best of the North Island, with a sample of the South
- An itinerary designed for small groups of travellers in their mid-thirties & upwards
- 11 nights in twin-share 3–4 star accommodation, with a mix of hotels, motels, & lodges
- 6 continental breakfasts & 2 dinners, including a traditional Maori hangi cooked in an underground oven
- Walk a stunning coastal track to Cathedral Cove
- Soak up a sunset boat cruise in the West Coast surf town of Raglan with a fish'n'chip dinner
- Visit a Maori Village & see the mighty Pohutu Geyser, watch the haka & learn more about Maori culture
- Brave the Redwoods Treewalk, crossing 23 raised suspension bridge
- Hike through the forested gorge of Ruakuri
- Take the iconic & scenic Interislander ferry over the Cook Strait
- Taste some of the world’s best sauvignon blanc at a Marlborough wine tasting
- Services of an expert tour manager
- Transport onboard a comfortable 22-seat Toyota Coaster
- Auckland to Christchurch tours depart from the meeting point at Ramada by Wyndham Newmarket Auckland, 41 Gillies Avenue, Newmarket, Auckland (meeting location may change, please check your final documents for the confirmed location
- Christchurch to Auckland tours depart from the meeting point at Bealey Suites, 263 Bealey Avenue, Christchurch (meeting location may change, please check your final documents for the confirmed location)
Important - Please note bookings are on a request basis. You will be contacted within 72 hours to confirm your booking or discuss alternative dates.
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
Everyone has their own favourites, but in general, these are the most popular:
- The Tongariro Crossing – National Park
- Hobbiton & Rafting – Rotorua
- Skydiving – Taupo
Yes! The wonderful thing about a small group tour is that even if you join the tour as a solo traveller, by the end of the tour, you will have met new friends from around the world!
Accommodation is a twin-share room, and if you are travelling alone, the crew will arrange for you to share a room with a fellow guest (of the same gender), or you have the choice to upgrade to a private room.
Please also note that there are no single person supplements unless you want to have your own private room - in this case, upgrades are available.
Included in this tour are 6 continental breakfasts and 2 dinners – including a traditional Maori hangi, cooked in an underground oven.
The guides know the best places in each town and city for different budgets and tastes, and they will point these out on the way to each location.
The tour group, along with your guide, will often head out to a local pub for a beer and a meal. Evening meals can range from NZ$25 upwards.
Yes – they often have vegetarian/vegan guests and all cafes and restaurants in New Zealand will offer meat-free options. If you can’t see anything on the menu, just ask, as most places will happily prepare something for you.
This tour was designed for travellers in their mid-thirties and upwards; however, anyone over the age of 18 is welcome to join. More important than age is an attitude – the guides have found over the years that if you have a thirst for adventure, then age is no barrier. Please do keep in mind, though, that a reasonable level of fitness is required for any optional activities.
Reviews for New Zealand Wanderer
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.