- Get up to $30 cash back per person when you book with us!
- Travel from Auckland to Rotorua and visit Hobbiton along the way
- Enjoy a scenic drive through New Zealand countryside
- Visit the famous Hobbiton and have a drink at The Green Dragon Inn
- See the Shire, Hobbit Holes and famous movie set in the flesh
- Enjoy a guided tour and learn about the New Zealand culture
- Explore Te Puia geothermal park
- See the Pohutu Geyser
- Catch a glimpse of the iconic kiwi bird
- Auckland CBD Hotel/airport pick up, Rotorua City drop off as an option
- Refreshments and snacks included
- Entertainment during drive
- Entry tickets and guided tour of Hobbiton including a beverage in the Green Dragon
- Entry ticket and guided tour of Te Puia or Wai-o-tapu Geothermal parks
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Guided tour back to your hotel in Auckland
WIFI available on board additional $10 per person
Upgrade to the Maori Culture performance at Te Puia additional $25 per person.
Why Do We Love This
We love how jam-packed this tour is. The fact it takes you from Auckland to Hobbiton to Rotorua in just one day is pretty cool!
What to Expect
This tour really packs it in! In just one day you'll travel from Auckland to magical Hobbiton and then onto geothermal oasis, Rotorua. You'll pass stunning New Zealand countryside, see famous Hobbiton in the flesh and experience a famous geothermal park. Get ready for a day jam-packed full of adventure.
You'll be picked up from your hotel bright and early on this tour, meeting your fellow passengers and boarding the bus at 6 am. Travelling in a 12-seater minibus, you'll get a personalised tour through the stunning Waikato countryside. This is the most extensive farming area in the world! During the trip south, you'll encounter incredible scenery - think towering mountains and farming plains. Get ready for some great photo opportunities!
After zooming through the spectacular countryside, you'll arrive at the Alexander family sheep farm and Shire's Rest, the entrance to Hobbiton. There's tons of sheep to see here, and you can grab a bite to eat and get your coffee fix before the movie set tour begins!
Board a giant Hobbiton bus, bound for The Shire and start your journey. A 2 hour fully guided tour awaits you and you'll really get to make the most of this awesome movie adventure. Step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens and hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies. Lastly, finish your experience in style with a drink at the famous Hobbiton pub The Green Dragon Inn.
Next, it's on to the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua! Boarding the bus again, you'll head further south to the land of volcanic springs and geysers. During your trip, pass through the unique town of Tirau and stop for lunch at one of the many cafes.
Afterwards, continue on to the stunning Fitzgerald Glade. You'll see plenty more New Zeland attractions along the way, so keep your eyes open!
Once you arrive in Rotorua, enjoy a guided tour of the city, past famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, Blues Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa. Once you've worked up an appetite exploring, its time for lunch.
Later, your journey continues with a visit to one of the geothermal parks in Rotorua City. Te Puia Geothermal Park is an incredible place full of natural wonders and local history.
Te Puia is home to the world-famous Pohutu geyser, mud pools, hot springs and silica formations. You'll also find a native Kiwi bird viewing house and see some of the native Maori architecture and culture at the national schools of wood carving, weaving, stone and bone carving.
After the tour, your guides will drop you to the city centre of Rotorua to end the day.
This is a full day tour starting in Auckland at 6 am and finishing in Rotorua at 4.00 pm.
- Tours will only run if at least 4 people have booked on the tour.
- Cheeky Kiwi Travel reserves the right to alter the tour due to weather or operational needs.
No refund will be given to tours cancelled with less than 24hrs notice.
- Adina Apartment Hotel Auckland Britomart
- Airedale Boutique Suites Auckland
- Auckland Airport/ Butterfly Creek
- Avani Metropolis Auckland Residences
- Barclay Suites
- CityLife Auckland
- Copthorne Hotel Auckland City
- Cordis Hotel Auckland
- Crowne Plaza Auckland
- Four Points By Sheraton Auckland
- Grand Mercure Auckland
- Grand Millennium Auckland
- Haka Lodge Auckland City
- Heritage Hotel Auckland
- Hilton Hotel Auckland
- ibis Budget Auckland Central
- JUCY Snooze Auckland
- Kiwi International Hotel
- M Social Hotel Auckland
- Nesuto Stadium Hotel & Apartments
- Pullman Hotel Auckland
- Queen Street Backpackers
- Rydges Hotel Auckland
- SkyCity Grand Hotel
- SkyCity Hotel Auckland
- SO/ Auckland
- Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
- Stamford Plaza Auckland
- Swiss - Belsuites Victoria Park, Auckland
- Tetra Serviced Apartments By Nesuto
- VR Auckland City
- Waldorf St Martins Apartment Hotel
- YHA Auckland City Backpackers
- YMCA Hostel
Reviews for Hobbiton & Rotorua Tour with Te Puia: Departing Auckland (One Way)
Get Instant Confirmation