- 3-hour SUP tour on the Pittwater
- Fun and experienced local guide
- All necessary paddle board gear
- Safety briefing and paddling tips
- Morning tea and refreshments on an awesome secluded beach
What to Expect
Are you an experienced paddle boarder looking for an unforgettable experience? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Our fun 3-hour SUP tour will challenge your paddling skills to the fullest. There will be some serious paddling involved, but it will be worth every drop of sweat. We’ll reach some of the most secluded beaches in the fantastic Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. As soon as we get out on the water, you’ll feel a distinct calm fill your mind and body. The air in the park is refreshingly clean and the views are just stunning. As you can hear, this is the perfect way to get fit while connecting with nature!
Explore the magnificent Pittwater
We kick off this awesome adventure at the Basin Campground. This is where we have our headquarters and where you’ll get your board and paddle. We’re very proud to have exclusive rights to launch our paddle boards directly from the Basin itself. This means that we have extra time to enjoy the amazing park and of course the secluded beaches of Pittwater and West Head.
During the entire tour you’ll be in the competent hands of your lovely tour guide. The Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is a treasure chest of natural beauty and wildlife as well as historical sites. All our guides are locals that know the area and its history like the back of their hand. That’s why we can guarantee you’ll get a unique experience on our advanced SUP safari!
We’ll paddle to some of the most gorgeous secret beaches in Sydney. They’ve got white sand and clear water just like the famous beaches. The difference is that these ones are empty and hard to get to. We’ll be able to access these beautiful secluded beaches on our paddle boards while we enjoy the relaxing scenery. On the way, your guide will help you spot local wildlife and marine species in your surroundings.
You’ll also hear the fascinating stories about the early settlers in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. The park gets its name from the Kuringgai or Guringai Aboriginals who used to live on the land. The park is still full of interesting traces from the past such as rock engravings and an ancient midden site. In fact, there are more than 1,000 Aboriginal cultural sites including bush walking trails. At the end of the tour, you’ll have a profound understanding of the cultural heritage of the park and its fantastic history. Listen up because it will be absolutely spellbinding!
A fun tour for experienced paddlers
Our advanced SUP safari is perfect for experienced paddlers. Apart from having a reasonable fitness level, all participants must also be 15 years or older to join the tour. To make sure you have a both fun and informative experience we have a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 people per tour group.
For those who don’t feel like pushing their SUP skills we recommend our equally awesome Basin Paddle Board Safari. It’s a 90-minute guided SUP tour suitable for paddlers on all levels over the age of 8. We promise you’ll have heaps of fun no matter which tour you choose!
Note that you need to be able to swim 50 meters freestyle without any assistance to join any of our tours.
What to bring
- Swimming gear and towel
- Sunscreen and hat (the Aussie sun is not kidding around)
- Refillable drink bottle
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Polarised sunglasses (with strap) to see through the water while paddling
Let us take care of your pictures
To make sure all you need to worry about is having fun, we’ll be more than happy to take your pictures for you. For only $30 during the tour, your lovely guide will take 10 photos of you or your tour group which will be send to you via email file transfer. So you can fully enjoy your amazing day.
If you’re interested in this option please select “photo package” when you’re booking the tour.
How to get to the Basin Campground
Our Basin Campground headquarters are located on the western foreshore of the Pittwater on the Northern Beaches in Sydney.
You can get there in the following three ways. There’s no public car access to Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park because it is protected land. If you need any help just email or call us and we’ll sort you out!
From Palm Beach: catch the Fantasea ferry from the Palm Beach Wharf to the Basin Campground. Please visit the ferry website to check updated departure times. The ferry ride is very scenic and takes about 20 minutes. Please note that Opal card doesn’t work on the Palm Beach – Basin ferry.
By bus from Sydney: this option takes about 1.5 hours. Jump on the L90 public bus from Wynyard in Sydney City. It’s cheaper to travel on Sundays as Opal card has a reduced rate. The bus will drop you off directly at the Palm Beach Wharf – easy!
Driving to Palm Beach or West Head: if you’re driving to Palm Beach, there’s free parking available in the street. If you’re driving to West Head, you just need to follow West Head road and park at the top of the Basin Trail. From here, it’s an easy 2.75 km hike to the campground. Make sure to check the NPWS website for the latest updates on trail closures.
Please note that there’s a National Park landing fee to be paid on arrival at the Basin Wharf. It’s $3 per adult and $2 per child. Car entry fee is $12 per car.
Reviews for Pittwater SUP Safari In Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
1. Customers must be at arranged pick up location at least 10minutes before departure time.
2. Customers must follow and listen to the guide's instructions and all safety rules and regulations to the areas visited.
3. Any infringements in National Parks or Aquatic Reserves by the customer will be the customer's sole responsibility.
4. Customers must be honest concerning swimming level and previous participation in activities.
5. Minimum age of customer for this activity is 15 yrs old.
6. Participants under the age of 18 must be signed in by their responsible guardian, no unaccompanied minors will be allowed. All Children must have approval from guardian.
7. Customers must sign a registration form and inform guide of any medical conditions which may effect customers health on tour. A safety brief will out line risks involved and how to minimise risks on tour. All activities undertaken at own risk.
8. The company reserves the right to cancel or withdraw any tour or any booking made for a passenger or decline to accept or retain any person as a member of a tour, and further shall be under no obligation or liability to any person as a result of any inaccuracy, misdescription or changes to any tour or its itinerary, or for losses or additional expenses due to delays any other transport services, sickness, weather, strikes, wars, quarantine or other causes.
9. Baggage and personal effects are at the passenger's own risk throughout the tour and it is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure insurance has been arranged.
10. Privacy of customers information will be in accordance with Privacy laws
11. All customers must be able to swim 50m un- assisted.
1. Over 7 days prior to experience there is no charge
2. 48hr up to 7 days prior to tour: 50% tour charge applies
3. Within 48hrs of experience date, no show and late arrivals: forfeiture 100% of tour cost 2 Tours will run in all weather conditions and will not be canceled for bad weather if safe to do so.
4. EcoTreasures reserves the right to cancel a tour due to minimum passenger numbers.
5. EcoTreasures reserves the right to change, cancel or amend tours and vehicles.
6. No show on the day no refund. Late arrivals will miss the tour and not able to rebook another date on the same voucher. It is your obligation to arrive on time and allow time to arrive at the selected location.
1. Over 1 week prior to the experience date: $30 fee applies
2. 48 hours to 1 week prior to the experience date: A fee of 50% of the tour cost applies
3. Within 48 hours of the experience date, No Shows, and Late Arrivals: Forfeiture of 100% of tour cost applies
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation