- Stand-up paddleboard hire
- Safety brief by an experienced guide
- Chance to spot local wildlife including fish, wallabies, sea eagles, kookaburras, goannas and more
- All equipment
- Complimentary photos package (valued at $45)
Basin Campground Stand Up Paddle SafariObserve the rainforest and bushland of north Sydney on this paddle boarding adventure
- Waterproof clothing and footwear
- NPWS entry fee to get to the Basin campground
- GoPro hire (available to Backpacker Deals customers for $15 - Original value $30)
Why do we love this
Stand-up paddleboarding is an awesome workout and way to experience "the basin" firsthand. We love that we get to see so many fish and other native creatures up-close on this tour.
What to Expect
Stand-up paddleboarding is a fun activity, a great workout, and the ideal way to experience native wildlife up-close. On this guided paddle safari through Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, you will get to glide along the calm waters of the park's estuary and spot all sorts of native Australian wildlife as you do. Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is one of Sydney's most renowned nature reserves, home to a wide variety of birds, fish, mammals, reptiles and even stingrays.
Your paddle safari will take place on "the basin" of the reserve, a safe and sheltered environment free from waves and boats. It will be led by an experienced guide who will share paddleboarding tips to help you feel comfortable on the water. Your guide will also explain the cultural and colonial heritage of the area and provide information on the wildlife you may spot on your journey.
Once done with the tour, you will receive a photo package of ten group shots taken by your guide during your tour. Photos are complimentary with any booking through Backpacker Deals (normally valued at $45). The photos will be sent via email file transfer.
This tour is suitable for first-time paddleboarders as well as those who are more experienced. Kids and adults alike are sure to love this unique and exciting experience.
Tours depart from the Basin campground at Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in Sydney's Northern Beaches. The park is located 1 hour and 30 minutes from Sydney City. Tours run every Saturday 10am and Sunday 10am and everyday at 10am during school holidays. Group bookings are available as requested from 8am-4pm for groups with minimum 4 and maximum 8 people.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Swimming gear
- Re-fillable drink bottle
- Walking shoes
- Polarised sunglasses (with strap) to see through the water while paddling
Catch the breathtaking Fantasea ferry 20 min ride across the Pittwater waterway from Palm Beach Wharf to the Basin campground. Ferry cost paid on board is Adult $7.70pp, Child $3.80 each way. National Park landing fee is $3pp paid on arrival. Water taxi also available $50 each way.
Drive to West Head road and bush walk 2.75km with a steep descent down to Basin campground. National Park entry fee per vehicle applies. Please check NPWS website for walking trail closures. In this park, vehicle entry fees are $11 per vehicle per day. If you're arriving by bus or taxi you'll need to pay daily entry fees of $4.40 adults, $2.20 children.
- Participants must be able to swim 50m free style unassisted to join the paddle board tour.
- Customers must be honest concerning swimming level and previous participation in activities.
- Any infringements in National Parks or Aquatic Reserves by the customer will be the customer's sole responsibility.
- Minimum age of customer for water activities is 8yrs old. Children aged between 8-12yrs old require 1 adult to accompany them for water-based activities. Participants under the age of 18 must be signed in by their responsible guardian; no unaccompanied minors will be allowed. All Children must have approval from guardian.
- Over 7 days prior to experience there is no charge
- 48hr up to 7 days prior to tour: 50% tour charge applies.
- Within 48hrs of experience date, no show and late arrivals: Forfeiture 100% of tour cost.
Reviews for Basin Campground Stand Up Paddle Safari
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely