See why Port Stephens calls itself the Dolphin Capital of Australia on this fun & exciting 1 hr 30 min cruise complete with boom net rides.
Port Stephens Dolphin Discovery Cruise Highlights
- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 1 hr 30 min dolphin-spotting cruise off the coast of Port Stephens
- The chance to cool off with the fun Twist & Twirl Waterslide (Moonshadow V only) & boom net ride
- Live underwater cameras so you can watch the dolphins beneath the waves
- Access to a fully licensed onboard bar for drink purchases while you cruise
- Live, informative, & fun Captain’s commentary
- A free return cruise if no dolphins are sighted (conditions apply)
- Departs from the meeting point at Nelson Bay Marina, 6 Teramby Rd, Nelson Bay (check confirmation details for dock number)
Why Do We Love This
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
- Comfortable casual clothing & footwear
- Swimmers & towel if using boom net
- Sunglasses, hat & sun cream is recommended
- Dress warmer for the winter months
If you or any member of your party experience or feel they may experience motion sickness, it's highly recommended to consult your pharmacist regarding seasickness medication.
Yes, all the vessels have both male and female toilets. Some vessels’ access to the toilets is by a stairway.
These are the region's largest, safest, and most comfortable passenger-carrying vessels. However, with all offshore cruising, the possibility of uncomfortable and dangerous sea conditions can force the cancellation of a cruise. The Operator monitors the weather closely, and decisions are made not just on safety but also being able to offer an enjoyable experience when travelling offshore. Should poor weather conditions force the cancellation of any cruise, passengers are notified as soon as that decision is made – office staff will discuss further cruising options or transfers for you at this time.
Unfortunately, the vessels are not easily suited for wheelchair access. In the event the guest can access the vessel out of the wheelchair, the chair can be brought on board the main level of the vessel. Due to WHS risk assessments, wheelchair-bound guests cannot be assisted onto the vessel by the crew. Travel is not recommended for guests incapable of accessing the vessel with minimal assistance. All restroom facilities are located down a flight of stairs.
D’Albora Marina (Nelson Bay) and Victoria Parade (Nelson Bay)
- Up to 4 hour paid parking between the hours 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
- Limited up to 8-hour paid parking in Victoria Pde
- Car parking is free and unlimited on some streets, i.e. Laman Street, Church Street, and Magnus Street, all within walking distance of the marina.
Parking machines are located at Nelson Bay and use smart parking technology. You can pay by card, coin or the Park’n Pay app — remember, your number plate is your ticket to park.
Paid parking operates throughout the Nelson Bay Town Centre and foreshore.
Please check kerbside signs for parking restrictions.
Outside the times indicated, parking is free and unrestricted. However, other parking conditions may still apply to ensure road safety. Please check the information on the kerbside signs before parking your vehicle.
By downloading the Park’nPay app makes finding and paying for parking easier. You can download it from your smartphone’s app store.
With the app, you don’t need to walk to a meter and pay — instead, you can do it from your smartphone. You will receive a notification on your phone when your ‘ticket’ is about to expire to avoid fines.
Once you’ve registered, you can keep track of your parking history and receipts. It’s a convenient and ticketless way to park.
You can also look up where to find a park using the app, all from the passenger seat!
Even with The Operator's excellent sighting percentage, the crew do on occasion (although rare) not find dolphins or whales. If this is the case on the day you travel with valid tickets on a cruise that does not sight whales (on a whale watch cruise) or dolphins (on a dolphin watch cruise), you will be issued free of charge return voucher. This voucher is issued on a stand-by basis. This offer is only valid for tickets purchased directly with The Operator or one of its agents. Not valid with 3rd party bookings.
Baby prams are not permitted on board the vessels. Collapsible strollers are permitted but cannot be taken to areas other than the main cabin of the vessel, upon boarding the friendly crew will advise passengers on where the stroller may be stored.
Reviews for Port Stephens Dolphin Discovery Cruise
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.