- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 6 hr 30 min cruise to Broughton Island, off the coast of Port Stephens
- Take an island discovery walk to wildlife breeding areas, secluded coves and beaches
- Picnic lunch packs included to enjoy on board or to take to the island
- The chance to cool off with the fun waterslide & boom net rides
- Opportunity to see dolphins, penguins, seals, turtles, whales (in season) & much more
- Access to a fully licensed onboard bar for drink purchases while you cruise
- Departs from the meeting point at Nelson Bay Marina, 6 Teramby Rd, Nelson Bay (check confirmation details for dock number)
- Please note: This is an offshore excursion and is not suitable for children under the age of 5 years.
Broughton Island CruiseExplore, swim , & relax on this full-day cruise around Broughton Island, including a delicious picnic lunch.
- Purchases from the bar
What to Expect
Join this full-day adventure cruising offshore to the beautiful Broughton Island, taking in the spectacular island and coastal scenery as the boat makes its way out of Nelson Bay.
Bring your snorkelling equipment and explore the crystal clear waters of Broughton Island, or just spend time relaxing on the beach.
The cruise includes a picnic lunch, which you can enjoy on board or take to the island. There's also a licensed bar on the boat for drink and snack purchases.
After lunch, head ashore on a guided island discovery walk to wildlife breeding areas, secluded coves and beaches or enjoy more time soaking up the sun or in frolicking in the water.
On the return journey (time permitting), enjoy boom net rides while keeping an eye out for marine life such as dolphins, penguins, seals, turtles, or whales (in season).
Where we Visit:
- The waters off Port Stephens
- Broughton Island
Frequently Asked Questions
- Comfortable casual clothing & footwear
- Swimmers & towel
- Snorkelling equipment
- Sunglasses, hat & sun cream is recommended
- Dress warmer for the winter months
If you or any member of your party experience or feel they may experience motion sickness, it's highly recommended to consult your pharmacist regarding seasickness medication.
Yes, all the vessels have both male and female toilets. Some vessels’ access to the toilets is by a stairway.
These are the region's largest, safest, and most comfortable passenger-carrying vessels. However, with all offshore cruising, the possibility of uncomfortable and dangerous sea conditions can force the cancellation of a cruise. The Operator monitors the weather closely, and decisions are made not just on safety but also being able to offer an enjoyable experience when travelling offshore. Should poor weather conditions force the cancellation of any cruise, passengers are notified as soon as that decision is made – office staff will discuss further cruising options or transfers for you at this time.
Unfortunately, the vessels are not easily suited for wheelchair access. In the event the guest can access the vessel out of the wheelchair, the chair can be brought on board the main level of the vessel. Due to WHS risk assessments, wheelchair-bound guests cannot be assisted onto the vessel by the crew. Travel is not recommended for guests incapable of accessing the vessel with minimal assistance. All restroom facilities are located down a flight of stairs.
D’Albora Marina (Nelson Bay) and Victoria Parade (Nelson Bay)
- Up to 4 hour paid parking between the hours 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
- Limited up to 8-hour paid parking in Victoria Pde
- Car parking is free and unlimited on some streets, i.e. Laman Street, Church Street, and Magnus Street, all within walking distance of the marina.
Parking machines are located at Nelson Bay and use smart parking technology. You can pay by card, coin or the Park’n Pay app — remember, your number plate is your ticket to park.
Paid parking operates throughout the Nelson Bay Town Centre and foreshore.
Please check kerbside signs for parking restrictions.
Outside the times indicated, parking is free and unrestricted. However, other parking conditions may still apply to ensure road safety. Please check the information on the kerbside signs before parking your vehicle.
By downloading the Park’nPay app makes finding and paying for parking easier. You can download it from your smartphone’s app store.
With the app, you don’t need to walk to a meter and pay — instead, you can do it from your smartphone. You will receive a notification on your phone when your ‘ticket’ is about to expire to avoid fines.
Once you’ve registered, you can keep track of your parking history and receipts. It’s a convenient and ticketless way to park.
You can also look up where to find a park using the app, all from the passenger seat!
- The minimum age is 5 years
- Boarding commences 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure time of cruise
- The passenger acknowledges that during the cruise the vessel will be and will remain under the absolute control of the company, and that the direction and control of the vessel and its crew is at all times the sole responsibility of the Master of the vessel
- Smoking is not permitted on any of the cruises
- Minimum passenger numbers can apply for cruises to depart
- Care is taken to ensure your safety whilst on board this vessel. However, be warned that there are inherent risks by being aboard any vessel including, but not limited to, movement of the vessel, unpredictable sea conditions, unfamiliar design features such as stairs, coamings and water on decks, slides, boomnets, ancillary equipment used and/or from the vessel etc. Entry onto the vessel is at your own risk. Neither the owner, Master, nor any members of the crew will be liable for any injury to passengers, or damage to passengers' property, however occurring
- 100% cancellation charge within 24hrs of departure time
- 50% cancellation charge within 48 hours of departure time
- A travel voucher or refund with more than 48 hours' notice
Any amendments to bookings will incur a $10 administration fee. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable unless authorised by The Operator.
Reviews for Broughton Island Cruise
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely