Take the plunge with an intro scuba diving trip to one of the best locations in the world – the Great Barrier Reef – on this full day tour with three different Agincourt reef sites, instruction, equipment & lunch all included.
Silversonic Great Barrier Reef Intro Dive from Port Douglas Highlights
- Return Silversonic cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef, with stops at 3 different Agincourt Reef sites for 5 hours on the reef
- Choice of 1 or 2 introductory dives, complete with full instruction, all equipment, & guided diving
- The chance to explore the dynamic & beautiful underwater world of the ribbon reef & coral gardens
- All meals, including morning & afternoon teas on board as you sail, plus a tropical buffet lunch
- Reef interpretation & dive brief at each site
- Qualified Lifeguard on hand for peace of mind
- Check-in at the Silversonic/Quicksilver counter inside Port Douglas Marina between 7.30 - 8am for an 8.30am departure
- The vessel pictured may differ due to scheduled maintenance. In such cases, you will be travelling on our Poseidon vessel and a tropical buffet lunch will be served as lunch and there will be freshwater showers available only
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
You will have over 5 hours at the reef sites combined.
All of the reef sites offer great ecological diversity and an abundance of marine life. Some of the commonly seen marine life includes turtles, anemonefish (Nemo), lionfish, cuttlefish, moray eels and reef sharks.
Lycra suits are available on board to reduce the possibility of stings and irritations while also offering protection from the sun.
At certain times of the year (generally November – April), jellyfish, commonly called marine stingers, can affect the seas of Northern Australia. Most jellyfish are harmless to people, however certain varieties may cause a serious reaction. Incidents involving serious marine stings in this area are extremely rare. The crew are conscious of the danger of marine stingers and will take appropriate steps to ensure your protection if they believe conditions are such that there is a possibility of encountering these creatures.
Hopefully not. Silversonic has state-of-the-art ride control systems to ensure a smoother journey. Where there is motion, however, whether in a car, bus, plane or boat, some people will suffer from motion sickness. Motion sickness medication is available onboard for purchase. Ginger tablets are available free onboard as a natural alternative.
Yes, any age is welcome accompanied by an adult, however, The Operator highly recommends that children be confident in the water. Babysitting facilities are not available onboard. The minimum age for scuba diving is 12 yrs.
Depending on the sites visited and conditions of the day, the reef sites offer a range of dive types including drift, wall, bommie, pinnacle, ledge and swim-throughs.
The dives are approximately 12 to 18 metres in depth. The Great Barrier Reef is generally not a deep dive destination, more shallow diving. As coral relies on sunlight for growth, some of the best snorkelling and diving can be done in shallow areas around the reef top.
No experience is necessary however age and medical conditions apply. The minimum age is 12 years. Some medical conditions prevent diving, for example, asthma or respiratory conditions, heart conditions, epilepsy, diabetes and certain medications. Diving is subject to medical questionnaire.
Certified divers can do up to 3 certified dives during the day. Introductory divers can do 2 dives.
If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying (to an altitude of 300 metres or greater). If doing multiple dives, an interval of 24 hours is recommended. Other activities to avoid in this period are sky diving, hot air ballooning and going to Kuranda.
Reviews for Silversonic Great Barrier Reef Intro Dive from Port Douglas
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.