- Explore Low Isles, and island in the Great Barrier Reef!
- Choose between a morning or afternoon half-day tour
- All snorkel gear & lycra suits
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Guided snorkel tour
- Guided island walk
- Glass Bottom Boat
Low Isles Cruise And Snorkel TourVisit a secluded island in the Great Barrier Reef!
- No scuba diving on this tour
What to Expect
Join this snorkel tour for an underwater experience at a secluded island at the best time of day — early morning or afternoon. You'll arrive at Low Isles after a 30-minute cruise, then have ample time to explore the coral reef and its inhabitants without the crowds. You'll have 2.5 hours to snorkel and explore this picturesque coral cay!
Snorkel in the calm lagoon or view the reef from the glass-bottom boat. The crew will provide tours for guests to learn about the Great Barrier Reef. Access to the reef is easy — either from the back of the vessel or from the beach as the reef hugs close to the island.
Explore the sandy paths winding through the vegetation and learn about the historical lighthouse, the lighthouse keeper’s home, and the weather station where local weather data is collected. Birdlife on the island is spectacular, with many sea birds breeding and nesting in the trees.
This tour is perfect for visitors who have limited time and want to explore the Low Isles on the Great Barrier Reef. The vessel departs twice daily with access to the island during both tours.
- 7.15am to 7.30am: Boarding Commences. At 7.15am at the Crystalbrook Marina, Port Douglas. As the crew welcome you aboard you will be fitted out with your own snorkelling equipment before relaxing with light refreshments.
- 7.30am to 8:00am: Cruise Time. Sit back and relax while you travel to Low Isles. Half hour travel time with refreshments served.
- 8:00am to 10:30am: Free time. Choose your own experience. Walk to the lighthouse, jump on a guided snorkel tour, swim, sunbathe, jump on Glass Bottom Boat, or relax.
- 10.45am to 11:00am: Boarding. Jump back on board to head back to Port Douglas.
- 11:00am to 11:30am: Cruise back. Enjoy a short cruise back to Port Douglas.
- 12.45pm to 1pm: Boarding Commences. At 12.45am at the Crystalbrook Marina, Port Douglas. As the crew welcome you aboard you will be fitted out with your own snorkelling equipment before relaxing with light refreshments.
- 1.15pm to 1:45pm: Cruise Time. Sit back and relax while you travel to Low Isles. Half hour travel time with refreshments served.
- 2:00pm to 4:30pm: Free time. Choose your own experience. Walk to the lighthouse, jump on a guided snorkel tour, swim, sunbathe, jump on Glass Bottom Boat, or relax.
- 4.45pm to 5.00pm: Boarding. Jump back on board to head back to Port Douglas.
- 5.15pm to 5.45pm: Cruise back. Enjoy a short cruise back to Port Douglas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Low Isles is a smaller area with roughly 55 acres of coral reef surrounding a picturesque coral cay and a mangrove island. Separated from the main reef system by the shipping channel, Low Isles is home to many giant green sea turtles, beautiful coral gardens, and ample marine life.
The Great Barrier Reef contains thousands of different species of marine life. We cannot guarantee what marine life you will see on your day of travel, however, there will be many different species of fish, coral, and mollusks. Giant green sea turtles are found around the Great Barrier Reef and are frequently sighted at Low Isles. Reef sharks are quite common and a wonderful sight to see.
Please bring swimmers, towel, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and credit card (VISA, MasterCard or EFTPOS, sorry no cash) for any onboard purchases. Towels are not provided.
Rain doesn’t affect the day-to-day operations of the Great Barrier Reef. The tour will not cancel due to rain as it does not affect the quality of the reef.
Stingers are a generalised term for jellyfish. During the summer months (November through to May), marine stingers, Irukandjis, and box jellyfish are present in the waters off the coast of Tropical North Queensland. All vessels are equipped with lycra suits (free of charge) during these summer months. As well as a precaution, lycra suits have other benefits such as sun protection and also reducing the amount of sunscreen in the water.
Yes, you can travel to the Low Isles. There is plenty to do such as Glass Bottom Boat or walks to Lighthouse if you wish to stay dry and relax. Snorkelling is low impact and a nonstrenuous activity great for pregnant women. Flotation devices are perfect for extra buoyancy and gentle kicking will provide enough propulsion for you to get around and explore the reef.
- On days with low passenger numbers or unsuitable weather conditions, it may be necessary to move people between Agincourt and Opal Reefs. On the rare occasions that this occurs, the tour will pick the location that will provide the best possible outer reef experience. It may not be possible to provide notice prior to travelling.
- Coach transfers from Cairns & Northern Beaches are currently not available.
- Free car parking available at Crystalbrooke Marina.
- No Diving Options are available with this product.
- Tours provided by the tour can pose a legitimate risk to health and safety of infant children or wheelchair-bound Passengers, and it is not practicable to make adjustments to the natural environment, or otherwise provide safety on certain group tours.
- During the off season & COVID period, these tours may be reduced to one departure per day.
- Due to some weather conditions, it may not be possible to access the island. Please contact us for more information.
- You can cancel or amend your tour to a different date (subject to availability) if you notify us 24 hours or more prior to travel. If you need to cancel or change dates within 24 hours of travel, a 100% cancellation fee applies.
- Please note a ‘no show’ (where passengers do not turn up to the specified pick-up point or departure point without notification) automatically incurs a 100% cancellation fee.
- On very rare occasions, tours can be subject to the effect of weather or unforeseen circumstances. If a tour does not operate for any reason, passengers will be offered a full refund or an alternative day of travel.
- Calypso Shop Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina @ 07:15
- Calypso Shop Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina @ 13:00
Reviews for Low Isles Cruise And Snorkel Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely