- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 2.5-hour scenic cruise along the stunning Hunter Coast, from Newcastle to Catherine Hill Bay
- Get an up-close experience of the magnificent sea caves off Caves Beach
- Cruise past other highlights & iconic sights like the Redhead Beach Shark Tower, Catherine Hill Bay Pier & more
- Experienced & professional crew sharing local knowledge of the coastline
- CoastXP is an accredited quality and sustainable tourism business
- Departs from the meeting point at Harbour Square Boat Dock, Honeysuckle Drive, Newcastle
Newcastle Adventure CruiseDiscover the highlights of the picturesque Hunter Coast from the water, taking in magnificent sea caves, historic forts, renowned beaches & local marine life.
What to Expect
Embark on a cruising adventure along the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie coastline experiencing the breathtaking coastal scenery from a unique perspective on board a custom-built vessel. Newcastle's backyard plays host to pods of resident dolphins, seabirds, turtles and other marine life that you may be lucky enough to encounter along the 2.5-hour journey.
Enjoy the thrill as you cruise 30 kilometres down the Hunter Coast towards stunning Caves Beach and historic Catherine Hill Bay. Along the way, you will have an amazing view of Newcastle Harbour, historic World War II coastal forts, world-renowned surfing beaches and rugged sea cliffs.
The tour visits Newcastle’s most impressive sights including the ANZAC Memorial Walk, the Bogey Hole, Glenrock Lagoon, Redhead Beach's iconic shark tower as well as hidden gems like the tiny Moon Island and Pinney's Headland. Marvel at the amazing sea caves at Caves Beach, with ours being the only adventure boat to visit the caves up close.
Be captivated by the abundance of marine life and beautiful landscapes, including volcanic rocks, fascinating coal seams, and sedimentary cliffs. Many of these are important Indigenous sites that carry great significance for the local Awabakal people.
At the end of your cruise, take home complimentary high-quality digital images of your trip so you can share all of the incredible sights you've seen with friends and family.
Where We Visit
- Newcastle & Hunter Coast
- Redhead Beach
- Moon Island
- Pinny Beach
- Caves Beach
- Catherine Hill Bay
Frequently Asked Questions
Our boat tours are perfect for kids over 3 years old, we even offer discounts for children under 12. Unfortunately, we cannot accept children under the age of 3.
We operate in the natural environment, which can be subject to change. If the LIVE weather conditions are different to what is forecast, we may choose to postpone or cancel your tour. If this happens, bookings can be rescheduled (subject to availability) or refunded. If there is light rain on the day, the tour will still run.
You should dress for the conditions on the day. Make sure to wear enclosed shoes, and warm clothes (particularly in winter).
Our crew will provide you with premium weatherproof jackets (should you need them), ensuring your tour is both enjoyable and comfortable.
Harbour Square Boat Dock is wheelchair and walker accessible, although there is a 40-50cm step down into and out of the boat. If you have special requirements with boarding or disembarking, please get in contact with us, and we would be more than happy to help.
- Passengers must arrive at the designated departure point 15 minutes prior to departure
- All children (16 years & under) must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Passengers with any medical condition, injury, potential health risk or who are pregnant must advise The Operator prior to cruise departure. It is recommended that these passengers do not travel on our vessels & if so, travel at their own risk
- The Operator reserves the right to cancel, change or adapt any tour it sees fit allowing for weather, safety or equipment concerns
- Any booking cancelled within 48 hours of departure, or no attendance on the day will not receive a refund
- Bookings cancelled outside the 48 hours will receive a full refund
- Rescheduling of a booking is permitted up to 48 hours from the designated departure time
Reviews for Newcastle Adventure Cruise
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely