- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 2.5-hour guided snorkelling adventure to explore the reefs around Mudjimba Island
- Be on the lookout for a healthy amount of marine life including turtles, rays & reef fish
- Enjoy snacks & water while you relax & take a break on the boat
- Soak up the scenery off the coast of Mooloolaba
- All equipment including snorkel, fins, mask & 5mm wetsuit
- Experienced & friendly snorkel guides to assist you
- Departs from the meeting point at 11/123 Parkyn Parade, The Wharf, Mooloolaba
Snorkel with Turtles at Mudjimba IslandCome face to face with some underwater friends on a snorkelling experience to remember!
What to Expect
Just off the coast of the beautiful Sunshine Coast lies Mudjimba Island, surrounded by a diverse eco-system of marine life. Jump aboard this memorable snorkel trip to spend 2.5 hours discovering the reef system, meeting an array of animals that most often include turtles, and enjoying that much-needed ocean time!
Meet your friendly and experienced crew at The Wharf Mooloolaba where you will check in, collect the equipment that is included in your booking, and get excited for your adventure ahead. On departure to Mudjimba Island, the instructors will provide a thorough briefing for all snorkellers about the sites you will visit and will answer any questions you may have.
Once the boat exits the calm waters of the Mooloolaba River system, it is around a 15-minute boat ride to the island's snorkel site where you can enjoy the surrounding coastal scenery. The vessel will be moored and the crew will help you get set up to get in the water.
Snorkellers will have an in-water snorkel guide to both assist you with your snorkelling skills, and to show you some of the reef's residents. Among the locals of the reef include turtles, wobbegongs, rays, nudibranchs, and many types of colourful reef fish. Between snorkels, you may choose to get back on the boat for a surface interval where you are provided with snacks and water. Feel free to bring along your own snacks if you have allergies or would like something more substantial.
As is Mother Nature, the conditions and chance of seeing different animals will vary every day, but you can be sure to have an immersive experience in the underwater world of the Sunshine Coast. Please note, that as your experience will be in open water, it is suggested that you look into seasickness medication to minimise the chance of it impacting your day.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’re sorry, but children under 8 years of age are not permitted on board.
Your snorkelling trip confirmation will depend on the sea conditions and weather. We will monitor this closely and if the weather or sea conditions are unsuitable, we will let you know as soon as we can. We will send out an email and text message the day before your trip around 3:30 - 4.00 pm to inform you of the status of the trip and its departure time. If you do not receive the text message and email, please call us to confirm.
Guests must be able to swim competently in the open ocean and should be aware that the tours can be a relatively physically demanding activity. You must be able to climb the ladder of the boat in open sea conditions. You must understand that snorkelling can be a physically strenuous activity and that you will be exerting yourself during this program, and that if you are injured as a result of heart attack, panic, hyperventilation, drowning or any other cause, you expressly assume the risk of said injuries and that you will not hold the Released Parties responsible for the same.
We provide mask, snorkel, fins and a 5mm steamer wetsuit in a variety of sizes. We have GoPros for hire.
It’s usually easiest to come in your swimsuit as shortly after check-in, you will be given your wetsuits. Please remember to bring a water bottle, towel, and change of clothes for afterwards. A waterproof camera is allowed, just no flash or light on it. You are welcome to bring small snacks if you choose. Please ensure you have your personal medications with you (e.g., asthmatics, heart disease, anaphylaxis, etc).
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Each participant must complete a waiver before snorkelling with us
- A minimum of 9 guests are required for these tours to run
- The Operator may cancel or change trip destinations at any time due to weather or any other unforeseen circumstances
- Unfortunately, we cannot take pregnant women, wheelchairs or walkers on any of our vessels due to the uneven nature of the boats
- A cancellation made less than 72 hours prior to departure incurs a 100% cancellation fee. NO REFUND
- A “no show” on the day also attracts 100% cancellation fee
- Any tours cancelled by The Operator can obtain a full refund or reschedule to another day
Reviews for Snorkel with Turtles at Mudjimba Island
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely