- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- Join an award-winning 3 hour wilderness cruise along the sheer cliffs of the Tasmanian coast
- Opportunities to spot wildlife including sea eagles, albatross & dolphins
- Morning tea and lunch served at local venues on the peninsula
- Guided return bus transfers from Hobart to Port Arthur
Tasman Island Full-Day Cruise from HobartTake this unforgettable, award-winning 3 hour wilderness cruise along the spectacular coastline between Port Arthur and Eaglehawk Neck
What to Expect
Spend a day on the Tasman Peninsula for an award-winning 3 hr wilderness cruise. Your journey departs from Franklin Wharf at 7:45 am, arriving on the Tasman Peninsula just in time for morning tea at 9:15 am. Both morning tea and lunch are served at local restaurants in the area.
Then, it's time for the unforgettable 3 hr wilderness cruise along the spectacular coastline between Port Arthur and Eaglehawk Neck in southern Tasmania. The cruise travels beneath the highest vertical sea cliffs in the Southern Hemisphere at Cape Pillar. You'll explore waterfalls, rock formations, archways and deep-sea caves.
The coastline is part of the Tasman National Park. It is home to various wildlife, including hundreds of seals, migrating whales and abundant sea birds in their thousands. At any time of year, you're likely to see the feeding frenzy of diving gannets, albatross and sea eagles wheeling on the wind, cliff-nesting cormorants and peregrine falcons, or a pod of playful dolphins surfing the bow wave of the boat.
The custom-built yellow boats are ideal for viewing the spectacular coastline and wildlife of the Tasman Peninsula. Each vessel holds a maximum of 43 guests. Covered open-air tiered seating means an excellent all-around view and connection with the environment. The boats are safe, comfortable and gentle on the environment due to their fuel efficiency and low emission operation.
Your cruise concludes at 1:00 pm, after which you'll enjoy lunch and local sightseeing, before departing at 4:30 pm for the return trip to Hobart.
Departure is from the meeting point at Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Booking Centre, Franklin Wharf, Hobart.
Frequently Asked Questions
The boats are designed to suit the coastline along which you travel and the crew will certainly make the most of any weather conditions. The bookings are fully flexible so if you decide the weather on the day is not for you, you can give The Operator a call and they can change your reservation to a different day. The staff are upfront and honest about the weather and you are welcome to contact them a day or two ahead to get an honest indication of the forecasted weather. Of course, in Tasmania, the weather can at times be a little surprising and so a forecast is exactly that, a forecast!
Being in open ocean, seasickness can be an issue for a small number of people. The crew have had 13 years of experience in dealing with this and have developed some very effective techniques to minimise the chance of seasickness occurring.
The Operator offers all-natural Travel Calm Ginger tablets to everyone when they step onboard. This product has proven extremely effective in preventing seasickness in most people. The crew can also suggest a number of things to further assist in minimising the chances of any seasickness symptoms:
- Selecting a seat in the back third of the boat (there is a lot less movement up the back of the boat)
- Keeping your body temperature on the cooler side
- If you wear glasses or sunglasses keep the lenses clean at all times
- Avoid looking through cameras, binoculars etc
- Stay away from acidic foods before the cruise such as orange juice and coffee
Communication is the key – if you have any concerns please let the crew know.
It is important that you are adequately dressed because it is cold on the boats, even in summer. Warm jackets gloves, scarves & beanies are a good idea. The Operator provides wet weather jackets which go over the top of your clothing, but they encourage you to bring a few warm layers of your own.
The Operator uses local cafes and restaurants for meals, and these venues are able to cater for most dietary requirements. Please mention any special requests when booking.
Children of all ages are welcome aboard the boats and The Operator takes many children along on the cruises. As parents, you are probably the best judge as to how your children will cope with being out on the water for 3 hours, but they have found that the majority of children enjoy the experience and love seeing the amazing wildlife, huge cliffs and caves along the Bruny coastline.
For the majority of days, the cruise is quite suitable for pregnant women. The boats are custom-built for the coastline that they cruise along. They are able to cut through chop and therefore can avoid the bumping of waves that some boats experience. It is a good idea to take into account the weather conditions on the day of the cruise as this will affect comfort levels for someone who is heavily pregnant. You can contact the Operator a day or two ahead to get a weather report for the day of your cruise and they are happy to move or cancel bookings if it is not looking suitable for you.
- The Operator reserves the right to cancel or vary any trip and will incur no liability for any such cancellation or alteration
- Places are limited on the tours and all bookings are subject to availability
- Check-in is 15 minutes before the departure time
- All guests must act only in a lawful manner; comply with all lawful demands, directions and requests given by employees, servants and/or agents; and exercise all due care and control for their own safety and for that of their family members under their control or supervision
- Cancellation within 24 hours of a tour – 100% fee
- Cancellation within 48 hours of a tour – 50% fee
- Cancellations beyond 48 hours of a tour – No fee
Reviews for Tasman Island Full-Day Cruise from Hobart
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely