- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A full-day small-group wine tasting tour of Tasmania's best wineries around Hobart
- Visit 4 of southern Tasmania's best vineyards & cellar doors, with 4-6 tastings at each venue
- Indulge in a cheese platter for morning tea to accompany a wine tasting
- The chance to meet the makers & learn more about what's in your glass & how it gets there
- Transport onboard a minivan with the services of an industry-lead tour guide
- Departs from the meeting point at Brooke St Pier, Franklin Wharf, Hobart
Full Day Hobart Wine TourJoin this full-day Tasmanian wine tour to explore the incredible landscapes & taste cool-climate wines at 5 different vineyards.
- Take-home beverage purchases
What to Expect
The Tasmanian wine industry produces multi-award-winning wines and sets the benchmark for cool-climate wine production in Australia.
On this full-day wine tour, you will visit 4 of southern Tasmania’s best wine producers, all within a short drive of Hobart. Guided by experts, you will taste a wide range of award-winning wines, including world-class sparkling wines, crisp cool climate white wines and velvety, seductive reds.
Every tour offers a unique experience, depending on the time of the year. During vintage, you will see grapes being processed and wines being fermented in the wineries. At other times of the production cycle, you can see the grapes growing in the vineyard or the wines maturing in the barrel room. You may even be lucky enough to try wine direct from the tanks or even from the barrels.
The wineries visited will vary based on availability but might include Derwent Estate, Domaine A, Pooley Wines, Pressing Matters, and Craigow Vineyard, among others.
Derwent Estate is nestled on the banks of its namesake river, with stunning views of the vines and water. The cellar door is located in a heritage-listed 1820 Limestone cottage and is the perfect place to enjoy a cheese platter while you taste the award-winning cool-climate Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Reisling.
Located in the Coal River Valley, Domaine A's flagship wines are Bordeaux-inspired cabernets. Other varietals grown on the 11-hectare property include Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Pinot Noir and oaked SauvignonBlanc. They also offer younger, more approachable vinos under the Stoney Vineyard label.
You'll have time to purchase lunch at Pooley Wines, located in the historic town of Richmond. You'll also enjoy a tasting in The Coach House, with a chance to try a wide range of red, white, and rose wines.
Pressing Matters launched in 2006, focusing on Pinot Noir and Reisling. These varietals are split across the seven-hectare property and are perfectly suited to the Coal River Valley climate. The brand also purchased Morningside Vineyard in 2019, giving them the opportunity to expand the range to include different Pinot Noir and Riesling, plus Cabernet and Chardonnay.
Finally, Craigow Vineyard is one of the first wineries established in the Coal River Valley, and the cellar door is located in an old farm worker's cottage. Here you can sample vintages of Pinot Noir, Riesling and Chardonnay.
Where we Visit:
- Venues will vary but can include:
- Derwent Estate
- Domaine A
- Pooley Wines
- Pressing Matters
- Craigow Vineyard
Frequently Asked Questions
Please dress appropriately for the occasion, while it may appear warm in Hobart, the weather can change throughout the day, so please ensure to bring warm clothes, comfortable shoes and your camera!
You will meet your tour guide on the ramp of the Brooke Street Pier at 10:00 am. If it is raining the meeting point will be the entrance inside the
glass doors at the top of the ramp. Please arrive at 10:00 am, at the latest.
Drink Tasmania Premium Tours does not condone excessive or binge drinking. We promote responsible drinking of alcohol at all times. Our tours have been designed and paced to ensure guests enjoy sampling various types of products, but are not at risk of excessive consumption.
Guests must at all times abide by state and federal laws regarding lawful drinking practices including, but not limited to, Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) laws, the consumption of alcohol in public places, in vehicles and consumption of ‘bring your own’ (BYO) alcohol.
Service of alcohol may be refused to persons deemed intoxicated. All guests and all tours are subject to RSA laws at each of the venues/sites we visit and the tour leader will communicate and enforce all decisions made by all venue/site staff, including but not limited to restricting the service of alcohol.
Excessive consumption of alcohol prior to our tours beginning is strictly forbidden. Any guests found to be intoxicated prior to the start of the tour will be refused admission and will not be allowed in the tour vehicle. Refusal of admission will be at the Tour Guide’s sole discretion. If he/she believes any guest/s pose an inherent risk to the safe conduct of a tour, they will be refused admission and no refunds will be provided.
Drink Tasmania Premium Tours visits licenced premises where alcohol is served. It is your responsibility to carry a valid passport, drivers licence, proof of age card, or other suitable form of identification for the duration of the tour.
Any guest who consumes, or is suspected of consuming, alcohol in a non-licensed area can be removed from the tour. They will not be entitled to any refund. Non-licensed areas may include, but are not limited to: tour buses and vehicles; non-licensed areas of venues or consuming BYO drinks on visiting properties; or any public areas such as restrooms, parks or service stations where the vehicle may stop.
Any alcohol purchased on the tour is to remain in the vehicle and must strictly not be consumed in the vehicle.
- The minimum age is 18 years, and guests will need to carry a valid passport, driver's licence, proof of age card, or another suitable form of identification for the duration of the tour
- Tours operate with a minimum of 4 passengers
- The Operator promotes responsible drinking of alcohol at all times. The tours have been designed and paced to ensure guests enjoy sampling various types of products, but are not at risk of excessive consumption
- Any alcohol purchased on the tour is to remain in the vehicle and must strictly not be consumed in the vehicle
- Cancellations require 7 days notice prior to departure. A credit may be available, please contact Drink Tasmania to discuss.
- Changes to a booking are subject to availability and require 24 hours notice
- No shows are non-refundable, nor will a credit be granted.
Reviews for Full Day Hobart Wine Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely