- Get up to $80 cash back per person when you book with us
- Return air-conditioned bus transfers from selected Darwin pick up locations (self-drive is also available)
- Crocodile encounter & feeding with one of the largest crocodiles in the world
- Airboat cruise
- Scenic helicopter flight over floodplains
- Sunset cheese board
- Gourmet BBQ dinner on the open star deck
- Overnight outback glamping experience staying in a Deluxe Lotus Belle Tent
- Cooked breakfast
What to Expect
This is one overnight adventure you won’t forget! The safari camp provides a bucket list of Outback adventures that tick all the boxes. Situated in an exclusive location off the Finnis River system it showcases some of the best activities and experiences the Top End has to offer.
Experience the thrill of an airboat and the pristine natural beauty of the Top End river systems in all their glory, spotting crocodiles, wildlife and birds as you journey through a beautiful rainforest area. The airboat is fitted with safety rails and hearing protection is provided during the cruise.
Then, immerse yourself in the nature and beauty of the Top End with views from a scenic helicopter flight over the spectacular floodplains of the Litchfield region. The 10-minute flights are operated in R44 helicopters, taking a maximum of 3 guests at a time. Not only are helicopters a fantastic way to get a different perspective of the unique river systems, take some amazing pictures and spot wildlife, but they are also so much fun! All the helicopters are fitted with headsets and seatbelts. The qualified and experienced pilots will provide you with informative and entertaining commentary on the area whilst you are enjoying your birds-eye views.
Take a dip in Australia's only nature-based croc safe pool to try your luck at getting face to face with wild salt-water crocodiles. Meet one of Matt Wright's monster rescue crocodiles while you witness a live feeding and demonstration with one of these prehistoric giants.
Later in the afternoon, return to the Sky Deck to soak up an incredible Top End sunset over the floodplains followed by a gourmet BBQ dinner, star gazing around the fire pit and an unforgettable bespoke outback glamping experience. You'll spend the night in one of the Deluxe Lotus Belle tents. They are spread across the property so you're guaranteed both privacy and comfort during your overnight outback glamping experience. Each tent is spacious with modern earthy furnishings complete with a double bed, outdoor open-air shower, private deck, plush towels and locally sourced bathroom amenities.
Rise and shine the next morning for a cooked breakfast and dip in the pool before departing at 10 am.
Where we visit:
- Litchfield region
- Top End Safari Camp
Only got a day to explore? Worry not, check out our one day tour where you still get to experience all the best stuff!
Frequently Asked Questions
Swimmers, hat, sunscreen, camera, water bottle and small overnight bag if you are booked to stay overnight. BYO alcohol for activities.
Yes, children 4 years and over can travel with us. If you are travelling with children (4-14 years), 1 rollaway bed is permitted per tent.
All meals are freshly prepared with a focus on local produce. Gourmet BBQ’s are our speciality accompanied by fresh salads and side dishes. The Overnight Tour also includes a cooked breakfast of bacon and eggs, toast, mushrooms and tomato. If you have any specific dietary requirements please let us know at the time of booking.
For Overnight guests, we recommend that you BYO alcohol for the afternoon’s activities which go from about 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. You can bring your alcohol in a cooler bag or little esky, or we provide a large esky to transfer the drinks into which comes with us for the afternoon’s activities.
There is no BYO alcohol to be consumed in the licensed area which includes the Star Deck, camp lawns and tents, all alcohol drunk in these areas must be purchased over at our bar, please.
Drinks available to purchase at our outback bar include:
- Great Northern Original Cans
- Great Northern Super Crisp Cans
- Carona Bottles
- Bundaberg Rum Cans
- Jack Daniels Cans
- Lemon and Lime UDL Cans
- Gordon’s Gin and Tonic Cans
- Somersby Pear Cider Bottles
- Pure Blonde Low Carb Cider
- A selection of white, red and sparkling wine
- Soft Drinks
Yes, there is a maximum individual weight limit of 120kg. At the time of booking all guests are required to provide their weight.
- The camp is in a remote location, so any guests on medication or with medical issues are advised to contact your doctor for clearance prior to travel
- Weight restrictions prevent the company from taking passengers over 125 kilograms
- All guests must advise their exact weight at the time of booking. If guests exceed their advised weight, travel may be refused
- Children 3 years of age and under are not permitted to travel
- Pregnant women are not advised to travel after 34 weeks. If under 34 weeks it is still recommended you seek medical advice from your doctor before travelling
- The operator reserves the right to alter the tour specifications, timings and/or itinerary without compensation if operationally required
- Tour may not be confirmed until 24 hours from booking as it is on a request basis
- Cancellations within 30 days of departure will forfeit 50% of the total tour cost
- Cancellations within 2 to 14 days of departure will forfeit 75% of the total tour
- No refund will apply to cancellations within 48 hours of departure
If your travel plans are affected by Covid-19 travel restrictions, we are more than happy to assess bookings on a case-by-case basis. You will have the option to reschedule, transfer to a gift voucher (valid for 2 years) or offered a full refund. Notice of no travel will need to be made prior to tour travel date. To assist us, please keep our bookings staff up-to date with any changes or proposed changes in your tour plans.
We thank you for your support through these times.
- Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront
- Coolalinga McDonald's Service Road
- Matt Wright Reservation Office
- Mindil Beach Casino Resort
- Top End Safari Camp - Self Drive
Reviews for Top End Safari Camp Overnight Tour
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation