- Get up to $50 cash back per person when you book with us
- 4-hour guided Barossa Valley experience with a 25-minute scenic helicopter flight over the lush hills & vineyards before visiting Barossa Valley Chocolate Company
- Take in views of the Barossa's icons from above, including Jacob's Creek Winery, Seppeltsfield Winery, the Whispering Wall & more
- Enjoy an indulgent gourmet lunch accompanied by a glass of wine
- Guided chocolate tasting & wine matching experience
- Safety briefing & fascinating live commentary from your experienced pilot
- Departs from the meeting point at 261 Hoffnungsthal Road, Lyndoch
Barossa Valley Food & Wine Experience with Scenic Flight – Barossa Valley Chocolate CompanyGet a birds-eye view over Barossa Valley's superb scenery via helicopter before dropping in at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company for a gourmet experience
What to Expect
Enjoy the ultimate Barossa Valley experience - a chocolate factory tour via helicopter! Feel like a rock star as you float over the rolling green hills and vineyards of the Western Ridge, gaining a unique perspective of this world-renowned wine region, before arriving in style at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company for an indulgent lunch, wine and chocolate experience. Enjoy having the helicopter exclusively for your group as all tours are private for 2-3 people.
Departing the Hoffnungsthal Valley, fly over the quaint township of Lyndoch, tracking along the western ridge of the Barossa Valley towards Historic Seppeltsfield Winery taking in views of contouring vineyards and palm tree-studded roads. Continue towards Nuriootpa, where your pilot will point out the famous Maggie Beer’s Farm and Penfold’s Winery, before descending into Barossa Valley Chocolate Company to land within 20m of the entrance!
Here you will enjoy a taste of the high life with an indulgent lunch of steak or seafood, featuring produce sourced locally from some favourite Barossan suppliers and surrounding regions. To top this off, your lunch will be followed by a tasting of five house-made chocolates, matched with their very own Vineyard Road wines.
After overindulging, re-board the helicopter and continue your scenic journey along the outskirts of Tanunda, taking in the views of some of the Barossa’s beautiful historic buildings. Flying further south you will enjoy a view over iconic Jacob’s Creek Winery, home of some of the largest wine tanks in Australia, holding up to 1.4 million litres of wine! From there your flight takes you to the southern end of the Barossa, over the Barossa Goldfields and the Whispering Wall, before returning finally to our base.
Throughout your flight, enjoy live commentary from your experienced pilot as you learn all of the interesting facts and stories of the Barossa. Be sure to bring your camera as this unforgettable experience provides many amazing photo opportunities.
Where We Visit
- Barossa Valley
- Barossa Valley Chocolate Company
Frequently Asked Questions
The helicopters can get quite hot during the Aussie summer months and cooler during the winter months, so dress comfortably.
If you plan to take photographs we recommend darker colours to reduce any window reflections.
Ladies please wear flatter shoes.
Hats, bags or any loose clothing are not allowed to be worn in or around the helicopters as they can fly up into the rotors and damage the aircraft. We will be happy to hold any hats or bags for you until you return from your tour.
It is wise to book a tour early in your stay, that way if your pilot determines that weather conditions on a particular day is not the best for your tour, there will be options for re-scheduling.
As far as the best time of day for a helicopter tour you should consider your personal schedule.
Most of the time we have nice weather; during summer it can get quite hot, so it is best to schedule your flight for early morning.
If we happen to have rainy weather, the pilot will consult the weather forecast and actual conditions to determine if it will be safe to fly.
We do not take our guests on a tour unless we are certain we can give you an excellent experience. Apart from not being enjoyable, rain does damage the helicopter's blades.
The pilot’s decision is final, regardless of the occasion.
Yes, each helicopter has an individual seat limit and an all-up weight limit. Please call us with any concerns.
Yes – the decision to fly at any stage of your pregnancy is entirely up to the individual. There are no pressure changes or manoeuvers that could cause discomfort. Two of our pilots are female and flew in the helicopters while pregnant.
- Weight restrictions apply - passengers must consent to be weighed on the day & maximum weight is 130kg. Please call if a passenger is over 100kg
- Single traveller supplement - Minimum of 2 person charge as it is a private flight for 2-3 passengers
- The Operator reserves the right to change flights due to weather conditions or other operational considerations
- Cancellations within 24 - 48 hours prior to departure, a $50 fee will be charged
- Cancellations inside of 24 hours prior to departure or no shows will be charged the full amount
- In the event of operator cancellation due to adverse weather or any other unforeseen event, a full refund will be provided
Reviews for Barossa Valley Food & Wine Experience with Scenic Flight – Barossa Valley Chocolate Company
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely