Visit world-famous Whitehaven Beach on this half day cruise through the spectacular Whitsunday islands, where you can swim in the clear azure waters & feel the powder white sand between your toes.
Whitehaven Beach - Half Day Cruise (ex Daydream Island) Highlights
- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Morning or afternoon half-day cruise from Daydream Island through the spectacular Whitsunday islands, visiting the iconic Whitehaven Beach
- Up to 2 hours on Whitehaven Beach to swim in the crystal-clear water, hike to the lookout, walk along the dazzling sand & soak in the natural beauty
- Generous morning or afternoon tea
- Use of protective stinger suits
- Solway Circuit walk for picture-perfect views
Where we visit
- Whitehaven Beach
- Whitsunday Island National Park
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
- Swimwear & beach towel
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses & protective clothing
- Light jacket/sweater for a cool or windy day
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Bank card for optional activities
The Whitsundays enjoys a tropical climate of hot summers, warm winters and bright spring and autumn days. Average daily temperatures range from around 22 to 23 degrees celsius in the winter months of June and July, and up to 29 to 30 degrees celsius in December and January during the height of summer. Water temperatures remain a welcoming 25 degrees celsius most of the year round.
The tropical wet season occurs from January to March when days can be steamy, and the summer heat is often broken by tropical showers.
Marine stingers may be present in the waters year round, with the higher risk season during October – May. During this period, jellyfish are prevalent in the waters around the mainland, islands and have occasionally been found out on the reef. It is recommended that our guests wear stinger suits which are provided free of charge on our Great Barrier Reef and Whitehaven Beach tours.
National Parks have recently installed two large covered areas to provide shade for visitors to Whitehaven Beach, as there is limited natural shade available. To assist our guests at Whitehaven Beach we also have two large marquees set up to provide additional cover. We can also provide individual sun shades, please ask your onboard crew for further details (subject to availability).
Most of our Resort Connection vessels are wheelchair friendly, however for day tours & semi-submarine tours at Hardy Reef vessels are accessible by stairs, making them inaccessible for guests who are totally wheelchair dependent. For semi-mobile wheelchair users travelling to Whitehaven Beach, we have a beach wheelchair available. Please inform our reservations team when booking if you would like to use this chair while at the beach.
Reviews for Whitehaven Beach - Half Day Cruise (ex Daydream Island)
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- Daydream Island