- Enjoy a day trip exploring the Whitsundays!
- Hop on board the Whitsunday Bullet for a speedy and comfortable ride
- Morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea on board Whitsunday Bullet.
- Snorkelling equipment and basic tuition
- Stinger suits
- Stand-up paddleboards
- National/Marine Park fees and marina levies
- Local transfer between Airlie Beach and the Coral Sea Marina
Where You Visit:
- Tongue Bay
- Hill Inlet
- Whitehaven Beach
- Hook Island or Border Island
What to Expect
On this tour, you'll hop on the Whitsunday Bullet, a comfortable boat that provides a sensational trip around the Whitsunday Islands. You'll get to visit iconic Whitsunday attractions and beaches all in one action-packed day!
Reaching an exhilarating speed of 25 knots, the cruise to the first stop takes about 70 minutes. Having been custom-built for tours in the Whitsundays means the Whitsunday Bullet is designed with modern amenities and comfort in mind. Every seat is forward-facing, with back support and 180-degree views. The whole vessel is covered for shade, plus there’s a toilet on board. Safe and easy access on and off the boat by use of stairs at the front means Whitsunday Bullet is suitable for all. The catamaran’s fantastic stability ensures a smooth calm ride.
Airlie Beach pickups and courtesy bus transfers are between 7:20 am and 8:00 am. The tour will send a bus to pick you up from your local accommodation and transfer you to Coral Sea Marina to meet the Whitsunday Bullet crew for an 8:30 am departure. Don't forget to grab that early morning coffee before pickup!
The first stop will take you to Tongue Bay where you'll find access to Hill Inlet Lookout and the famous sweeping views of Whitehaven Beach. Once you’ve walked the short bushwalk and taken in the spectacular views, it’s time to head to the sparkling waters of the inlet itself. After spending time on the northern end of the beach, the tour heads to the Southern-end of Whitehaven Beach. Here you can enjoy the expansive 7-km stretch of sand and a wide range of activities provided. Sunbathing, beachcombing, swimming, snorkelling, SUP-boarding, ball games, and more.
After a delicious lunch on board, the tour will travel to a snorkelling spot somewhere in the Northern end of the Whitsunday Islands. Your skipper, with their knowledge and experience behind them, will select the bay that will provide the clearest waters and most abundant marine life on the day. Jump in and meet the locals – spot bright colourful fish and maybe a turtle if you’re lucky! After exploring all that’s on offer in the Whitsundays, you’ll have one more chance to take in the scenery as you are driven back to the marina, arriving at around 16.30 pm.
This itinerary will vary based on the tide and prevailing weather conditions. The tour plans the daily itinerary around the high tides at Tongue Bay for ease of access for guests to the Hill Inlet Lookout walk and also considering the best snorkelling location based on the winds and likely visibility. Some days the itinerary is reversed, starting in the morning at the north end of the Whitsundays and then heading to Whitehaven Beach in the afternoon. If the weather changes and strong winds come in, the captain may change the itinerary for the safety and well being of guests, crew, and the vessel during the day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Whitsunday Bullet sells beers, cider, soft drinks and bottled water on board. You may also BYO drinks.
Please pack in a small soft sided bag. No hard/suitcases or large backpacks. We do not have luggage storage.
Beach towel/sarong, hat, swimwear, sunscreen, jacket/sweater in winter, camera, sunglasses, light footwear for island walks, cash for soft drink purchases.
You will receive morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on board Whitsunday Bullet. Freshly prepared each morning.
Morning Tea: flourless chocolate and mascarpone cake.
- Selection of sliced meats
- Greek-style ancient grain salad
- Basil, pinenut and parmesan pasta salad
- Red pepper, goats cheese and garden herb slice
- Sandwich salad – tomato, lettuce, cucumber, sliced cheese, fresh bread rolls
Afternoon Tea: seasonal fruit selection
- Guests should note that sailing, snorkelling and aquatic activities can be dangerous and while our crew will make every effort to ensure guest safety, the Operator cannot be accountable for actions of guests that are beyond crew control.
- Guests will be required to complete a pre-departure questionnaire, and sign a travel agreement during the check-in process. Guests should be aware that marine stingers and other marine life live in the oceans.
- The Operator reserves the right to alter the tour or the itinerary of any of it’s tours and organise alternative carriers to those advertised if necessary. The Operator will always consider the safety of guests and staff and as a result, some of the Whitsunday Icons may not be visited if the wind, visibility or wave/tidal conditions are not suitable or parts of the park have been closed by the managing authority. If it is raining, our tours still operate, as the guests can still experience the Whitsundays, including swimming and bush walking. If the winds are light, the tours will still run, however, it will be necessary to use the motors on the boats to get to the stops around the islands.
- The tour does not provide any guarantee that the winds will be consistent and from the correct direction to make sailing always possible. The Whitsundays is deemed partially smooth waters and tours will only be cancelled if the Regional Harbour Master closes the area due to gale warnings or the Operator deems it unsafe to travel. If tour cancellations are necessary and ticket balance payment or pro-rate refunds are approved, the amount being paid for the ticket to the operator will be refunded. The tour does not cover additional costs over or above the ticket amount. The tour does not guarantee refund of the travel agent commission component or any other costs associated with the guests travel arrangements.
- Where the tour does not meet the minimum number of guests to operate a service, it may therefore be necessary to cancel a scheduled departure and to offer an alternative TOUR of similar or higher standard, or alternatively refund the amount being paid to the operator for that tour. The tour does not guarantee refund of the travel agent commission component. Where a tour of lesser standard is arranged, any difference in the ticket prices will be refunded.
- As part of the check-in procedure following the Coronavirus Outbreak, the business would like to ensure any potential customers are aware that they MUST NOT attend if they have ANY symptoms potentially consistent with COVID-19. COVID-19 symptoms include; cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath.
- We RECOMMEND ALL GUESTS have Travel Insurance which covers cancellation for a variety of reasons, including pre-trip COVID cancellation cover. Cancellation due to contracting COVID or as a close contact will now no longer be considered a valid reason to cancel or postpone a trip.
- No show and 24 hours or less notice cancellation is 100% of the full ticket rate.
- 24 hours - 72 hours before departure 50% of the full ticket rate.
- DAY TOURS - If you or your guests don’t show or cancel within 24 hours, you forfeit 100% of the full ticket rate.
- If guests are restricted to travel due to Government closures of QLD, Australian or International borders, the normal cancellation policy will not be enforced. These guests will be issued an open-dated ticket for travel over the next 24 months or refunded in full.
Reviews for Whitsunday Bullet Snorkel Tour to Whitehaven Beach
Get Instant Confirmation