- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us!
- Use of all safety equipment
- RoofClimb cap
- Achievement certificate
- Printed 6x8 inch groups photograph
Adelaide Oval RoofClimb DayExperience Adelaide from a new perspective with 360-degree views from the very top of the iconic Adelaide Oval.
What to Expect
Whether you're into sports or not, the Adelaide Oval RoofClimb is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You'll take in incredible 360-degree views of Adelaide from the foothills to the coast and everything in between – there's blue sky stretching in all directions.
Discover the colourful and quirky stories that make Adelaide so unique as you venture over the roofline. Your experienced RoofClimb Leaders will guide you across the rooftop, along the purpose-built path. The adventure starts in the Western Stand, before making your way around to the Riverside Stand. Here you'll discover a world-first – stadium rooftop seating! Have a sit in one of the 16 chairs that are positioned 50 metres above the hallowed turf, and take a moment to sit back, relax, and really soak in the views of the city skyline.
Then, elevate your heart rate even further and get a huge adrenaline rush by leaning out, over the ground, tethered only by your safety harness. It's the ultimate thrill and gives you a brand new perspective on the venue.
The experience includes the provision of safety equipment and RoofClimb suit, safety briefing and a personal secure locker to store your belongings during your experience. You'll also get to take home a RoofClimb Cap, an achievement certificate, and a printed group photo. You can purchase additional photo packs.
- RoofClimb Day
FromAUD $109Check AvailabilityNext available Tomorrow
- RoofClimb Twilight
FromAUD $119Check AvailabilityNext available Tomorrow
- RoofClimb Night
FromAUD $125Check AvailabilityNext available 01 Oct 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Participants 75 years and over will require a medical clearance form signed by their Doctor within 21 days of their scheduled Climb. Children must be at least 8 years old on the day of the RoofClimb.
Participants under 20 weeks pregnant must have the Medical Clearance Form signed by their Doctor. Participants 20 weeks pregnant and over are not able to participate. Some medical conditions require medical clearance prior to participation.
Participants must be 136kg or under and over 120cm tall.
Comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing to be worn under your climb suit and flat, rubber-soled, enclosed shoes (sneakers/runners) are required. Prescription and Sunglasses can be worn and securing lanyards will be provided. Jewellery and watches cannot be worn during the experience, we recommend leaving these home or storing in the personal lockers provided during the briefing.
RoofClimb operates in all weather conditions – it adds to the experience! This includes rain, wind and sunshine! There are a few exceptions though – we don’t operate in electrical storms, hail or extremely high wind – we will contact you directly to postpone your climb if you are affected. We also reschedule climbs during extreme heat.
The experience from welcome to debrief will be approximately 2 hours. Check-in is required a minimum of 15 minutes before your set briefing time.
The climb itself is approximately 90 minutes from departure at the RoofClimb Centre
Your RoofClimb will start and finish at Adelaide Oval’s Western Stand, with briefing and debriefing taking place in the RoofClimb Centre, located in the South West corner on Level 1, Riverbank Stand.
The experience will take you across the Western Stand, over a link bridge to the Riverbank Stand located at the Southern end of Adelaide Oval, and back across the Western Stand to exit.
No — we recommend that you wear comfortable, rubber-soled shoes with sufficient grip, so your running, hiking or sport shoes will be perfect. PVC and leather-soled shoes are not ideal as they can be slippery on the grated walkway.
You will need to prepare for:
- Moderate physical exertion at heights of up to 50 metres
- Outdoor walking and climbing unaided for approximately 1.25km
- Climbing up and down ladders and multiple flights of stairs
- Walking on open metal grate walkways and a stepped bridge
- Undertaking the conditions above while wearing safety equipment weighing approximately 9kg
- Exposure to weather conditions that might include sun, rain, moderate wind and heat
- There will be periodic rest stops but you will remain standing and will not have access to toilets, shade, water or seating
Unfortunately, no. RoofClimb is not accessible by wheelchair or walking aids, given that the climb requires participants to climb ladders, steps and walk the pathways unassisted.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Tours are fully accessible by wheelchair and walking aids as an alternative experience.
Children aged 8 years and older may participate in RoofClimb.
Children 8 years to 15 years must be accompanied by a paying adult (maximum of 3 children per adult) and adhere to the minimum height requirement of 120cm.
Not at all! Anyone who can pass the medical clearance and other necessary checks, and who are comfortable and capable of climbing ladders and stairs should be fine to take in the stunning views and breathtaking RoofClimb experience.
Participants aged 75 years and over will need to provide a signed Medical Clearance Form from their doctor at the time of check-in or up to 7 days prior.
No, unfortunately not. As the RoofClimb path extends over open areas, participants cannot take any loose objects with them including cameras, GoPros, phones, tablet devices. This is due to WH&S regulations to safeguard against objects dropping and potentially injuring people below, or being lost in Adelaide Oval’s turf potentially leading to player injury.
The RoofClimb Leaders are professionally trained in photography to capture your best moments during the experience. All participants will receive a complimentary photo as part of your RoofClimb with additional images available to purchase from the RoofClimb Centre.
Yes. Every RoofClimb will have its own dedicated RoofClimb Leader who will be with them from start to finish.
Your RoofClimb Leader will provide a full briefing, including health and safety instructions before the climb begins. This includes fitting and securing your harness, using your audio guides and how to behave safely on the walkway.
- Participants must arrive at the South Gate of Adelaide Oval and register at the RoofClimb Centre at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time of your RoofClimb. If you arrive after the registration time, AO reserves the right to refuse to allow you to climb, and you will not be entitled to a refund
- Participants must be 8 years of age or over; satisfy any height and/or weight requirements; be in good health, and may be required to undergo a test to assess whether they are capable of completing a RoofClimb
- Children between the ages of 8 and 15 inclusive must be accompanied by a paying adult on a RoofClimb, provided that each adult is accompanied by no more than three children
- The operator may, in its sole discretion, refuse to allow you to participate in a RoofClimb (even if you believe you are able to safely participate), if in the operator's reasonable opinion, the RoofClimb or your participation in the RoofClimb may adversely affect your safety, physical or psychological condition, or the safety of directors, employees, agents and contractors or other climbers
- You will be required to complete a RoofClimb Declaration and Disclaimer Form prior to being allowed to participate in the RoofClimb. If you are under 18, a RoofClimb Declaration and Disclaimer Form must be signed on your behalf by a parent or legal guardian
- You are not permitted to take any items on the RoofClimb (including without limitation items such as cameras, mobile phones, handbags, or any personal items), and must remove any loose items ordinarily worn on the body (including rings, earrings and other jewellery). You will be provided with a locker for storage of any non-valuable personal belongings
- The operator reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any RoofClimb without notice in its absolute discretion, including for reasons of safety, security, due to restricted access or due to any matters out of the reasonable control of the operator.
- If a RoofClimb is cancelled, your RoofClimb will be rescheduled subject to availability or exchanged for a gift card. The operator reserves the right to vary operating hours and RoofClimb times without notice.
- Tickets purchased for RoofClimb are non-refundable. Changes cannot be made to your specific booking date or time within one week (7 days) in advance of the climb.
Reviews for Adelaide Oval RoofClimb Day
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely