Set across 15, action-packed days - get an authentic taste of Vietnam on the roadtrip of a lifetime
15 Day Vietnam Roadtrip: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City Highlights
Get up to 10% cash back when you book with us
All accommodation: Hotels (12 Nights), Beach Resort (2 Night)
Meals: 14 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
Knowledgeable English-speaking local guide
All transport between destinations
Guidance from an amazing G Adventures Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout
Variety of activities and tours included in price
Orientation walks in Hanoi, Hue, Hoi An and Ho Chi Minh City
Paddle boat ride in Ninh Bình
DMZ and Vinh Moc Tunnels Visit
Street Food Crawl in Nha Trang
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
This tour has been designed specifically for 18-to-thirtysomethings.
Expect fast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, having been made specifically for young, budget-minded travellers.
There will be comfortable tourist-class accommodations with character and a mix of public and private transport.
Allow $150 - $195 USD for meals. Eating is a big part of traveling. On this tour, you'll experience the vast array of wonderful food. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip.
In some major cities in Vietnam, many hotel rooms do not have windows.
Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip.
Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
We suggest that you pack as lightly as possible as your are expected to carry your own luggage. As a rule, we try not to have to walk more than 15-20 minutes with your bags which is why we recommend keeping the weight of your bags between 10-15kg/22-30lb. Suitcases are not recommended. Most travellers carry a backpack or rolling bag of small to medium size (no XXL ones please!). You will also need a day pack/bag to carry water, cameras and other electronics like ipods and mobile phones. If your trip involves overnights in homestays, villages or camping then you usually have the opportunity to rent sleeping bags if need be instead of bringing them with you.
• Modest clothing that covers knees and shoulders (Long pants, long skirts, shirts that cover shoulders)
• Shawl or scarf (for temple visits)
• Flight info (required) (Printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
• Insurance info (required) (With photocopies)
• Passport (required) (With photocopies)
• Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (With photocopies)
• Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
• Binoculars (optional)
• Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries)
• Cash, credit and debit cards
• Day pack (Used for daily excursions or short overnights)
• Ear plugs
• First-aid kit (should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
• Flashlight/torch (Headlamps are ideal)
• Fleece top/sweater
• Locks for bags
• Long pants/jeans
• Outlet adapter
• Personal entertainment (Reading and writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
• Reusable water bottle
• Small travel towel
• Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
• Watch and alarm clock
• Waterproof backpack cover
• Windproof rain jacket
Health & Safety:
• Face masks (required)
• Hand sanitizer (required)
• Pen (Please bring your own pen for filling out documents.)
• Rubber gloves
• Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
• Sun hat/bandana
Reviews for 15 Day Vietnam Roadtrip: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.