- 11 nights of triple and twin and double accommodation
- All transport
- 11 Breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- Local guides
Indonesia Highlights Tour12 days to embrace over 300 different languages and 6 different religions.
What to Expect
During this trip, you'll be visiting some pouplar places such as: Banyumala Waterfalls, a coffee plantation, Menjangen Island for snorkelling, the Biorock Project, Mount Bromo, Red Island, Ubud, Beratan Lake Temple, the Sacred Monkey Forest, Tegallalang Rice Terraces, and Gili T.
You'll get to see the best of East Java and Bali in 12 days! We take you off the tourist trail and hit the popular spots to make sure that by the time you leave, you would have truly experienced the best of the area. Climb to the crater of a volcano, surf with the pros on Red Island, snorkel reef sites, explore temples, and finish up on the famous Gili T for some island hopping and a bit of R and R. This itinerary is packed with inclusions while giving you enough free time to enjoy your surroundings!
Please note that due to Nyepi Festival in Bali, during which time the entire island must shut down (this means no transport, lights, internet, etc), we have rearranged our itinerary for 2 of our affected departures:
1. 16th March 2020 Departure: Gili T is unaffected by Nyepi, so we have arranged to arrive there 1 day early. The group will be skipping 1 day in Banyuwangi during which time there are no included activities. Therefore their inclusions will remain the same but the schedule of activities is altered. Please take note of the altered itinerary below:
- 22nd March (Day 7) - Red Island to Ubud (instead of Red Island to Banyuwangi)
- 23rd March (Day 8) - Ubud Day Tour (instead of Banyuwangi to Ubud)
- 24th March (Day 9) - Ubud to Gili T (instead of Ubud Day Tour)
- 25th March (Day 10 & the day of Nyepi) - Gili T (instead of Ubud to Gili T)
2. 23rd March 2020 departure: This group will remain in Bali during Nyepi & will experience this once-in-a-lifetime tradition in the village of Pemuteran. They will be unable to participate in the Menjangan Island Hopping Activity, but we'll organize an alternate activity for them within the tour.
Day 1: Canggu
We kick things off in the coolest, most up and coming part of Bali: Canggu. The streets are filled with great restaurants, hip bars, and amazing shopping. Our hotel is located in the middle of all the hype, whilst also being walking distance to the beach. Here you can either try your hand at surfing or watch as everyone else does. This evening we'll meet for a sunset rooftop drink before heading to our first family included welcome dinner together.
Day 2: Pemuteran
We're heading north today with our final destination being the sleepy seaside village of Pemuteran. But first, we'll check out the incredible and hidden Banyumala waterfalls. This off the beaten track natural gem is the perfect backdrop for an early afternoon cool down. We'll then meet a local family who will teach us all about how they have been making coffee the same way for almost 100 years. After lunch next to the incredible twin lakes, we'll head to Penuteran where we'll hopefully catch one of those glorious Bali sunsets.
Day 3: Pemuteran
Get ready for a big day of exploring Menjangan island and its surrounding reefs. In Bahasa, Menjangan means deer so don't be surprised when some furry friends come and have lunch beside you. The reefs are beautiful and home to an array of underwater life. During the trip, we'll also visit the amazing Biorock Project, the largest coral planting project in the world. We finish the day with a beach clean up before enjoying happy hour by the pool.
Day 4: Bromo
It's an early start, but a worthwhile one. Today we cross to Java. We'll be hopping on board a comfortable local train and winding through some stunning scenery before reaching Probolinggo, where we begin our final drive to Bromo. Feeling almost like a little French mountain town (without the snow), we'll wind through the narrow streets to our accommodation for the evening. Better get an early night, an early start awaits us tomorrow.
Day 5: To Red Island
We'll be rising bright and early this morning to check out Mount Bromo, which can only be described as otherworldly. We'll be hopping in jeeps and cruising across the sea of sand to a great spot at the viewpoint where we'll catch the sunrise. An experience you can never forget, you almost feel like you are on Mars. Once the sun rises, we'll head over to the main event, climbing the crater. A steep but achievable hike, once on the crater's edge, you'll have a 360-degree view of Bromo's unbelievable surrounding landscapes. After we've filled up on our post sunrise breakfast, we'll begin our journey to the secluded Red Island.
Day 6: Red Island
Welcome to one of the very few remaining untouched surf meccas of Asia. It's rare to find a break these days that isn't crowded with people, but Red Island is one of them. Start your day with a surf lesson from one of the expert instructors from Mojo, you'll be hanging in no time. The rest of our day will be free to chill on the beach, join a yoga lesson, or catch some more waves. During dinner, we'll check out your surf images and enjoy our island camp together on our final night here.
Day 7: Banyuwangi
We leave our island paradise for Banyuwangi. Literally meaning Aromatic Water, Banyuwangi is the easternmost point in Java and we'll spend our last night on the island. We'll stay at the beautiful beachfront Ketapang resort. Treat yourself to a massage or a swim in the gorgeous swimming pool overlooking the ocean.
Day 8: To Ubud
This morning we cross back to Bali and head inland to the magical town of Ubud. On the way, we will stop off at Beratan Lake Temple to wander around this beautiful waterfront. Afterwards, we will continue our drive to Ubud, famed for its world-class yoga practices, beautiful rice terraces and incredible food. Once we've arrived, we'll head to the Sacred Monkey Forest to check in with our furry friends.
Day 9: Ubud
Today we experience the very best that Ubud has to offer. We'll start by checking out the ultimate Instagram spot, Tegallalang Rice Terraces. Afterwards, we'll head on to Tirta Empul water temple, a sacred temple where you can make an offering. The rest of the afternoon is yours to explore further or check out the markets before we meet and walk the Tjampuan ridge walk together at sunset, a perfect way to end an awesome day.
Day 10: Ubud to Gili T
Last but not least, our final stop on the tour, Gili T. Famed for its snorkelling, the abundance of sea turtles and great nightlife. Gili is the perfect way to wrap up an epic 12 days. A short ferry ride from Padang Bai, we'll check-in and have lunch before venturing out to explore the island. Since no cars are allowed in the island, we will get around by bicycle. Join us for a sunset bike tour to the coolest sunset view at a secluded area of the island.
Day 11: Gili T
Today, we'll hop on our private island hopping trip to check out the sights that make Gili T famous. Turtles, underwater statues, other islands, and coral reefs are what it's all about. We have also partnered up with the Gili Eco Trust if anyone is interested in giving back to a great cause, there will be free time today to do so.
Day 12: Depart
Time to say goodbye to Indonesia. Check out time will be at 10:00 and this day is classed as a travel day. We will provide your return transport to Padang Bai. From there, you can choose many departing vans (Ubud, Canggu, Seminyak, Kuta) depending on where you are headed.
- Please note that due to Nyepi Festival in Bali, during which time the entire island must shut down (this means no transport, lights, internet, etc), we have rearranged our itinerary for 2 of our affected departures:
- 16th March 2020 departure: Gili T is unaffected by Nyepi, so we have arranged to arrive there 1 day early. The group will be skipping 1 day in Banyuwangi during which time there are no included activities. Therefore their inclusions will remain the same but the schedule of activities is altered. Please take note of the altered itinerary below: 22nd March (Day 7) - Red Island to Ubud (instead of Red Island to Banyuwangi) 23rd March (Day 8) - Ubud Day Tour (instead of Banyuwangi to Ubud) 24th March (Day 9) - Ubud to Gili T (instead of Ubud Day Tour) 25th March (Day 10 & the day of Nyepi) - Gili T (instead of Ubud to Gili T)
- 23rd March 2020 departure: This group will remain in Bali during Nyepi & will experience this once-in-a-lifetime tradition in the village of Pemuteran. They will be unable to participate in the Menjangan Island Hopping Activity, but we will set an alternate activity for them within the tour.
- Guests, please ensure that to take part in our tours you must be over the age of 18, but we don't have an upper age limit.
- Make sure that you carry sufficient supplies of any medications you may require, even if you do not use them regularly.
- If you wear glasses it is a good idea to have a second pair with you.
- Our package and tour prices do not include travel or medical insurance so please make sure you are adequately covered. Please consult with your health care advisor about any medical issues concerning your trip, including vaccination advice and malaria precautions.
What to bring:
- Some trainers or running shoes are recommended
Reviews for Indonesia Highlights Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely