- 4 hr whale watching cruise along Sydney Harbour, out through Sydney Heads and return, departing from Eastern Pontoon, Circular Quay
- Buffet BBQ lunch on-board
- Tea, coffee & water
- Informative commentary on whales, their migration patterns and behaviour including a number of interesting facts and statistics
- Beverages from the onboard bar
What to Expect
Join this humpback whale-watching cruise and marvel at these incredible creatures frolicking and swimming in the tranquil waters of the Pacific Ocean. Whale watching off Sydney Heads is an exhilarating adventure, an awe-inspiring treat that you will remember forever!
The southern hemisphere humpback migration is estimated to be approximately 16,000 whales this year, with an average increase of 11% per year. It's quite amazing considering these magnificent creatures were nearly hunted to the point of extinction 40 years ago.
The vessel, Jerry Baily, is a purpose-built charter boat designed for comfort, safety, and stability. She's capable of carrying 180 people, however, the number is limited to 95 on whale watching tours to ensure everyone has a good vantage point. It's staffed by a friendly and knowledgeable crew, and there are multiple outside viewing areas, an indoor lounge space, and a licensed bar for beverages (extra charge).
As you cruise, you'll also indulge in a delicious BBQ buffet lunch, cooked by the professional chef in the onboard galley. This is the perfect way to spend a half-day – with the breeze in your hair, whales in the water, and a belly full of delicious food.
Where we visit:
- Sydney Harbour
- Sydney Heads
Frequently Asked Questions
There is room for wheelchair access onto the vessel, however, the bathrooms are not wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs must not exceed the width of 700mm.
If you are really concerned we recommend you consult a pharmacist for some readily available over the counter preventatives or consult your medical professional.
There is no age limit for your guests, we quite regularly have babies in prams and young families on board right through to grandparents in their 90s. We do ask that all children be fully supervised at all times by a responsible adult.
We do not recommend you travel if you have any of the following:
- Injuries such as, but not limited to neck, back, limbs etc.
- Are pregnant (at any stage)
- Babies or children under 4 years
We ask all guests to dress in a minimum of smart casual so as to not offend others on their Sydney Harbour cruise. It can get chilly out on the water, especially in winter, so a warm jacket is recommended.
NO, we are fully licensed and governed by the NSW Liquor, Gaming and Racing Board. We operate under the same rules as going to a pub or a club so no BYO beverages are allowed. All beverages are to be purchased at our fully licensed bar. We have quite a large range of beverages to choose from for you to enjoy on your cruise including soft drinks, juice, beer, wine, sparkling wine, spirits and more.
Yes, we cater for all of the above, we ask that you let us know if there are any dietary requirements at the time of your booking and a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to your cruise.
Eastern Pontoon, Circular Quay
- Activities may be cancelled due to weather conditions or other conditions beyond the reasonable control of the operator. Such activity bookings will be rescheduled and if they cannot be rescheduled a refund will be given
- The company reserves the right, if considered necessary (for example, due to mechanical breakdown, for safety reasons or weather conditions), to substitute vessels without notice (including any vessels of a third party), deviate from a vessel's advertised route, change any menu, service, schedule, program, performance or cruise fare
- The operator's success rate in seeing whales is approximately 90-95%. As whales are wild animals we cannot guarantee that whales are sighted on all cruises although it is rare that whales are not sighted
- We recommend you arrive 30 mins prior to the start time of your cruise – the boat will not wait for latecomers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- There are no refunds for cancellations within 24 hours of departure
- A 50% refund is offered for cancellations within 24 to 48 hours of departure
- A 100% refund is offered if cancellation occurs over 48 hours prior to departure
- All date changes will incur an administration fee of $10 per person per date change. Changes made within 24 hours will result in the forfeit of tickets
Reviews for Whale Watching Brekkie/BBQ Lunch Cruise from Sydney
Get Instant Confirmation