- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- A fantastic full-day abseiling & canyoning combination through the spectacular Blue Mountains & Empress Canyon, with water jumps, swims, slides & a waterfall abseil
- Delicious lunch including a wide selection of gourmet sandwiches, with options for dietary requirements
- Departs from the meeting point at Blue Mountains YHA, 207 Katoomba Street, Katoomba
- Experienced & qualified instructor guide
- Use of all technical equipment (abseil gear, wetsuit, waterproof backpack, climbing shoes)
Empress Canyon Abseiling and Canyoning Adventure with Lunch - Blue MountainsExperience the ultimate Blue Mountains adventure with a morning of abseiling, a delicious lunch, followed by an afternoon canyoning through the impressive Empress Canyon.
What to Expect
Join this exciting full-day adventure of abseiling and canyoning through the most spectacular locations in the Blue Mountains National Park. Easily the most fun you can have in this region, let your skilled and passionate outdoor guide provide you with the opportunity to experience the beauty and wonder of the Blue Mountains.
Spend the first half of the day abseiling down some amazing cliff faces, starting with a 5-metre high cliff and building up to 30 metre high cliffs during the morning. Enjoy the rush of the descent, while also taking in your beautiful surroundings.
Stop to fuel up with a delicious lunch before your fun-filled afternoon is spent exploring Empress Canyon. The short but incredible canyon provides the perfect introduction to canyoning if you have never done it before, with easy access and optional rock jumps, finishing with a breathtaking waterfall abseil.
Take a scenic 20-minute walk to the start of the canyon. Wade into the creek that descends into the narrow slot-like canyon and within a few seconds, you are plunging into a rock pool, the first of several jumps and swims. This canyon is an exciting affair with water jumps, exhilarating swims, waterslides and fantastic rainforest scenery. The final abseil out of the canyon is one of the best waterfall abseils in the Blue Mountains. Clip into the rope, step back and follow the 30-metre waterfall down to the deep rock pool below. This is not only a brilliant waterfall abseil but also a fantastic photo opportunity.
Where we visit
- Empress Canyon
- Blue Mountains National Park
Frequently Asked Questions
Dress for the weather, wear running or hiking shoes and bring a water bottle and camera. For canyoning, bring running shoes that can get wet, swimsuit and waterproof camera. If you don’t have one we supply a waterproof camera free of charge. We also have helmets fitted with GoPro mounts.
When you arrive at the office you should be wearing your swimwear underneath your clothes. Have on your feet socks and shoes you can get wet. Wear either shorts or light long pants, have a t-shirt on that covers your shoulders and bring a jacket of some description (ideally a fleece top).
The first thing we do is try on a wet suit to make sure it fits. When we get to the canyon we get out of our clothes and into our wet suits. Our clothes go into a dry bag and canyon pack which is provided for you. At the end of the canyon we get out of your wet suit and back into your dry clothes.
Generally as we hike out we sweat and also some water comes off the back pack so you get a little wet on your back and legs. Therefore there is no point having a change of clothes until you are back at the office.
Yes! You can safely leave your luggage with us.
You can get away with average fitness on most of our adventures apart from our Advanced Canyoning trips – for these you need better than average fitness. (If you’re unsure, please ask at the time of booking.)
We still run abseiling, canyoning and survival courses in light rain. We do need fine weather for rock climbing. Please note that when poor weather is forecast we still make the decision if the trip is running that morning . This is simply because the forecasts are often wrong.
- Minimum age is 14 years, however, if you have kids under this age, please contact us to see if the canyon would be suitable
- Tour runs from September through to April
- A full cancellation fee applies if less than 48 hours notice of cancellation is given
- A full refund is given if trip is cancelled by The Operator (i.e. bad weather, bushfires etc.)
- A part refund will be given if the trip is cancelled by The Operator after commencement
- No refund if trip is cancelled by customer after commencement
- No refund is given if you are late & the trip leaves without you
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely