- Get up to $30 cash back per person when you book with us
- Morning pick-up and evening set down at selected Adelaide hotels
- Return travel to Kangaroo Island by coach and ferry
- Expert commentary by a local driver/guide
- Seal Bay Conservation Park guided beach walk
- Two-course lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro
- Flinders Chase National Park, including Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch
- Kangaroos and koala viewing at Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park
- All admission fees
One Day Kangaroo Island Experience from AdelaideDiscover the unique and incredible landscapes, attractions, and people that make Kangaroo Island such a special place
What to Expect
See the highlights of South Australia’s premier nature-based tourism destination, Kangaroo Island. With its picture-perfect beaches, stunning greenery, and hundreds of species of native wildlife, Kangaroo Island is the epitome of paradise. Your day starts with collection from your CBD hotel, for the journey down the Fleurieu Peninsula, to Cape Jervis for the ferry journey across to Kangaroo Island. The crossing takes just 45 minutes. You'll pass the beautiful Backstairs Passage and admire the clear waters and white sand of Penneshaw, where the ferry docks.
Once you're on the island, your nature adventure truly begins. Take a guided walk on the beach among a colony of rare and wild Australian sea lions with a National Parks Ranger at Seal Bay Conservation Park. There are more than 500 of these sea mammals that call the area home. Get up close and see them frolic and laze about in the sun – it's an amazing and unforgettable experience.
Then enjoy a delicious two-course lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro, set in beautiful Australian bushland.
Spend part of the afternoon in the Flinders Chase National Park. It was devastated in January 2020 fires, but you’ll see that the regeneration of the native bush occurred quickly and there will be many opportunities to take photos of the renewed bushland. As you travel through the park, keep an eye out for local wildlife such as echidnas, wallabies, reptiles, and koalas. See the rugged coastline from walks around Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Remarkable Rocks provide great photographic opportunities, while the Admirals Arch boardwalk takes you down a rugged cliff face to reveal the spectacular rock archway, a natural nursery and safe haven for playful long-nosed fur seals.
Your last visit of the day is to the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park to feed some kangaroos and get up close to the Kangaroo Island koalas while listening to the keeper talk about the cuddly mammals. There is also a possibility that you will see even more wild kangaroos and wallabies on your return to Penneshaw for your return ferry and coach transfer back to Adelaide.
Where we visit:
- Kangaroo Island & Cape Jervis
- Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Vivonne Bay Bistro
- Flinders Chase National Park
- Remarkable Rocks
- Admirals Arch
- Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park
- Fares, times, schedules and routes are subject to alteration, without prior notice, at the discretion of the Company.
- Itinerary subject to change and some of the inclusions may be replaced temporarily without notice, especially on classified catastrophic fire danger days on Kangaroo Island.
- Please advise any special dietary or allergy information at time of booking, prior to travelling. Requests once the tour has commenced cannot be catered for.
Cancellation of a booking or part thereof will incur the following fees:
- More than 30 days before departure – Loss of deposit
- Between 7 and 30 days before departure – $50 per person or 50% of total cost whichever is greater
- Less than 7 days before departure – $50 per person or 80% of total cost whichever is greater
- Within 24 hours of departure – 100% of the total cost
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely