- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- A full-day small-group gin tasting tour of Tasmania's finest distilleries
- Tastings at 3 gin distilleries, showcasing a range of styles & botanicals
- The chance to meet the makers & learn more about what's in your glass & how it gets there
- A delicious seasonal lunch at a local winery, with wine tasting
- Transport onboard a minivan with the services of an industry-lead tour guide
- Departs from the meeting point at Brooke St Pier, Franklin Wharf, Hobart
Tasmanian Boutique Gin TourDelve into the world of Tasmanian Gin on this full day tour with tastings, lunch, & a peek behind the scenes.
- Take-home beverage purchases
What to Expect
On this Tasmanian Gin Tour, you'll visit three hand-picked gin distilleries known for their outstanding handcrafted gin. Taste some world-class tipples and enjoy the opportunity to meet the makers and see what goes into creating the myriad varieties of this amazing spirit. Expect a day of great conversation, world-renowned scenery, a little Tasmanian history and delicious tastings, and a delicious seasonal lunch at a local winery (with wine tastings included for good measure).
At every stop, you will have the chance to smell, touch and taste unique botanicals that make up the many varieties of gin. Learn how the pure air and water, along with Tasmania’s diverse plant life, have created some truly unique flavours that are achieving global acclaim.
The venues visited will vary depending on opening times and availability but can include a combination of Killara Distillery, Hellfire Bluff Distillery, and Spring Bay Distillery.
Killara Distillery, located in Richmond, is owned and operated by Kristy Booth-Lark, who comes from a family of distillers. It's one of the only distilleries in the world owned and operated by a woman. The gin range includes the Triple Juniper, Apothecary, Barrel-aged Apothecary and a bush liqueur.
Enjoy a collection of small-batch, handcrafted gins from HellfireBluff Distillery, which sits on the family potato farm. Varieties include a Barrel-Aged, Sloe, London Dry, Summer, and Piquant gin – many of which are award-winning. The distillery overlooks Marion Bay and the rocky outcrop of Hellfire Bluff and makes use of the local pristine rainwater and the finest botanicals.
Making your way to towards Cambridge, you'll find Spring Bay Distillery. Its spirits are sculpted by the environment, with gin options including a Classic and Pink, plus malt whiskies and vodka.
Finally, you'll also enjoy lunch and a wine tasting at Bangor Vineyard. The quality cool-climate wines are award-winning, while the menu showcases incredible local produce. Plus, the vineyard boasts picturesque views over Blackman's Bay, making it perfect for enviable holiday snaps.
The tour finishes with a drop off at Brooke St Pier, in Hobart CBD
Where we Visit:
- Venues will vary but can include:
- Killara Distillery
- Hellfire Bluff Distillery
- Bangor Vineyard
- Spring Bay Distillery
Frequently Asked Questions
Please dress appropriately for the occasion, while it may appear warm in Hobart, the weather can change throughout the day, so please ensure to bring warm clothes, comfortable shoes and your camera!
You will meet your tour guide on the ramp of the Brooke Street Pier at 10:00 am. If it is raining the meeting point will be the entrance inside the
glass doors at the top of the ramp. Please arrive at 10:00 am, at the latest.
Drink Tasmania Premium Tours does not condone excessive or binge drinking. We promote responsible drinking of alcohol at all times. Our tours have been designed and paced to ensure guests enjoy sampling various types of products, but are not at risk of excessive consumption.
Guests must at all times abide by state and federal laws regarding lawful drinking practices including, but not limited to, Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) laws, the consumption of alcohol in public places, in vehicles and consumption of ‘bring your own’ (BYO) alcohol.
Service of alcohol may be refused to persons deemed intoxicated. All guests and all tours are subject to RSA laws at each of the venues/sites we visit and the tour leader will communicate and enforce all decisions made by all venue/site staff, including but not limited to restricting the service of alcohol.
Excessive consumption of alcohol prior to our tours beginning is strictly forbidden. Any guests found to be intoxicated prior to the start of the tour will be refused admission and will not be allowed in the tour vehicle. Refusal of admission will be at the Tour Guide’s sole discretion. If he/she believes any guest/s pose an inherent risk to the safe conduct of a tour, they will be refused admission and no refunds will be provided.
Drink Tasmania Premium Tours visits licenced premises where alcohol is served. It is your responsibility to carry a valid passport, drivers licence, proof of age card, or other suitable form of identification for the duration of the tour.
Any guest who consumes, or is suspected of consuming, alcohol in a non-licensed area can be removed from the tour. They will not be entitled to any refund. Non-licensed areas may include, but are not limited to: tour buses and vehicles; non-licensed areas of venues or consuming BYO drinks on visiting properties; or any public areas such as restrooms, parks or service stations where the vehicle may stop.
Any alcohol purchased on the tour is to remain in the vehicle and must strictly not be consumed in the vehicle.
- The minimum age is 18 years, and guests will need to carry a valid passport, driver's licence, proof of age card, or another suitable form of identification for the duration of the tour
- Tours operate with a minimum of 4 passengers
- The Operator promotes responsible drinking of alcohol at all times. The tours have been designed and paced to ensure guests enjoy sampling various types of products, but are not at risk of excessive consumption
- Any alcohol purchased on the tour is to remain in the vehicle and must strictly not be consumed in the vehicle
- Cancellations require 7 days notice prior to departure. A credit may be available, please contact Drink Tasmania to discuss.
- Changes to a booking are subject to availability and require 24 hours notice
- No shows are non-refundable, nor will a credit be granted.
Reviews for Tasmanian Boutique Gin Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely