- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- A Classic 1-day hop-on, hop-off bus tour ticket to explore San Francisco at your own pace
- 1 hr Golden Gate Bay Cruise ticket including audio headset available in 16 languages
- Departs from the meeting point at Big Bus Tours Visitor Information Center, 99 Jefferson Street, San Francisco
Classic Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with Bay CruiseSee San Francisco by land & by sea on this convenient hop-on hop-on bus tour & cruise around the bay & under the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Entrance fees to museums or parks
What to Expect
Combine a Golden Gate Bay Cruise with a Classic Double-Decker Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour for a full day of sightseeing. It's a great way to get to know San Francisco and travel around with ease, hopping on and off the bus as you please.
Start your day experiencing all of the famous San Francisco attractions and landmarks from an open-top double-decker bus! Learn about the city's fascinating history from live guides or your own audio headset, with pre-recorded commentary available in 10 languages.
The hop-on, hop-off tour allows you to jump off at 16 different sites which interest you most. Some of the stops include Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Park, City Hall, Golden Gate Bridge, and Pier 39. If you don't hop off, the entire route takes 2 hrs 10 min, with buses departing every 15 minutes. The first departure from near Fisherman's Wharf is at 10:00 am. Plus, you can download the app for live bus arrival times.
Then, join a 1-hr sailing cruise on the San Francisco Bay as you enjoy the city skyline, views of Alcatraz Island and sail under the Golden GateBridge. On the Golden Gate Bay Cruise, you’ll discover the city’s colourful history and world-famous landmarks with personal headphone audio in 16 languages.
During the Golden Gate Bay Cruise, you may also experience up-close wildlife encounters, including seagulls, pelicans, and sea lions. You may even see harbour porpoises and whales at times, so be alert!
This is a great day out and an excellent way to familiarise San Francisco.
Where we Visit:
- North Beach / Chinatown
- Embarcadero Center
- Ferry Building
- Union Square South
- Redemption Center / Hilton Hotel
- Civic Center
- Alamo Square
- Haight Ashbury
- Golden Gate Park
- North Vista Point / Golden Gate Bridge
- Palace of Fine Arts
- Marina / Cow Hollow
- Lombard Street
- Pier 35 / Cruise Terminal
- Pier 39
- San Francisco Bay
Frequently Asked Questions
The cruises depart from Pier 43½, located in the heart of Fisherman’s Wharf at the end of Taylor Street. Guests should arrive at least 20-30 minutes before the scheduled departure time, as the crew can’t guarantee available space and are unable to hold the vessel.
Yes, the Hop-On Hop-Off tour operates wheelchair accessible vehicles with lifts that can accommodate a weight up to 650 pounds. Please be advised that the entire fleet in San Francisco is not wheelchair accessible. If you require an ADA accessible vehicle, please contact them 48 hours prior to your planned tour commencement. They can then arrange for a suitable vehicle to be available at the time and location required. If you need a different accommodation, please also contact them 48 hours prior to your planned tour commencement so they can make arrangements for an accommodation. Passengers with mobility impairments may not be able to access the upper deck on the buses. The operator cannot guarantee the accessibility of the various attractions along the tour.
On the Bay Cruise, the enclosed main decks of all the vessels are wheelchair accessible. Aside from the Harbor Queen, all of the vessels have wheelchair-accessible restroom facilities. Important: the ramps leading onto and off the vessels vary in steepness depending on tide levels. While the crew will make every attempt to assist guests, boarding can be difficult, particularly during low tide.
- Guests must confirm their tours 24 hrs prior to the tour date
- The Operator reserves the right to change the itinerary or cancel the tour due to weather, insufficient passenger reservations, or conditions beyond their control
- Tour length does not include travel time between pick up locations. Please allow additional time, depending on traffic conditions
- 24 hr notice is required for cancellation and full refund of bus tours
- 72 hr notice is required for Yosemite Tours
- 14 days' notice is required for all Alcatraz Packages
- Missed tours/no shows are non-refundable; Tours may be rescheduled at another date/time, subject to availability and a rescheduling fee
Reviews for Classic Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with Bay Cruise
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely