- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 3-hour self-guided river kayaking experience to discover the beauty of Kahana Valley & Kahana Bay
- All kayaking equipment as well as life jackets & a 15L dry bag to keep your items dry
- Foam pads & soft straps are provided to transport the kayaks a short distance
- All taxes
- Departs from the meeting point at Keneke's Grill, 53-138 Kamehameha Hwy, Kaaawa
Kahana Rainforest Self-Guided River Kayak TourExplore the lush rainforest in one of the most exclusive places to kayak in Oahu
What to Expect
Make your own adventure on this unforgettable self-guided experience through lush scenery most visitors and even locals never get to see! Kayak up a calm river at your own pace into Oahu's secluded Kahana Valley opening out into Kahana Bay to enjoy the picturesque landscape of turquoise ocean, secluded beach, green-clad mountains and plentiful jungle.
Meet in front of a local restaurant called Keneke’s Grill to collect your kayaks. You will need a personal vehicle and will be loaned pads and straps to transport the kayaks a short distance around the corner to the launch location. The best place to park is in the State Park parking lot: Ahupuaʻa ʻO Kahana State Park. From there, you carry the kayak to the grassy area and launch them straight into the river.
Start your 3-hour adventure where the water is placid and peaceful and a perfect place to immerse yourself in the beauty of Oahu. The calm conditions make it ideal for families and beginners. The Kahana Valley has an Amazonian-like feel, surrounded by epic mountains, lush greenery, a rainforest river as well as a beautiful ocean bay and is one of the last places on the island to be completely free of commercial development.
The rainforest has all sorts of hiking trails for exploring further, and lots of fun rope swings to splash into the cool water. If you are attentive you will often see wetland birds in the trees and schools of fish rippling under the water. If you are looking for a real Oahu adventure, then look no further!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Wear a swimsuit and sunscreen
- Be prepared with a vehicle to transport the kayak about 1 mile
- If you bring snacks and water, be sure to take any trash with you
- Please leave valuables at home or use a drybag we provide with the self-guided experience
- Maximum weight capacity for tandem kayaks is 194 kg
- All participants must sign a liability waiver
- Please notify us 48 hours in advance for a full refund
- No shows & cancellations within 48 hours are non-refundable
- Bookings made with 3rd party vendors are not guaranteed a 100% refund
Reviews for Kahana Rainforest Self-Guided River Kayak Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely