- Explore the Rotorua Lakes district on a stand-up paddleboard
- Enjoy a 1.5 hour guided tour
- Paddle on a lake handpicked by your guide hours before the tour
- Learn about the area on your trip to the lake
- Enjoy optional rock jumps or rope swings and swim time to cool off
- Pick-up and return included
- Gear hire included in price
- Only NZD $65, save $25 when you book with Backpacker Deals
Rotorua Stand-Up Paddle (SUP) TourGet ready for a day of fun as you explore natural surrounds and paddle on some of Rotorua's most beautiful lakes.
Why do we love this
We think the fact the lake you're paddling on is hand picked by your guide just hours before this tour is pretty cool. This means you get the optimal experience for the days weather conditions! Now that's attention to detail. We also love the fun rock jumps and swings included in the tour.
What to Expect
The Rotorua Lakes District is the premier stand-up paddle board location in New Zealand, and now's your chance to explore it!
The 18 sparkling lakes around Rotorua are all unique and stunning in their own way and provide the perfect setting for a paddle board ride to remember.
The lake you're paddling on for this tour is chosen by your guides only hours before the tour to ensure the optimal experience for the day's weather conditions. Plus, there's bonus rock jumps or rope swings and a swim included in your trip.
You'll be in the hands of local guides today, who are passionate about experiencing all the outdoors Rotorua has to offer. You'll be taken to locations that not even other locals know about!
See the lakes with a new perspective, learn new skills, have a great time. Once you've worked up a sweat paddling, there'll be the chance for some swim time in the lake. Now's also the time to try out those rock jumps and rope swings.
Please allow 2.5 hours for this tour. Shuttle service from and to the I-site in central Rotorua provided. Pickup from your accommodation in central Rotorua can also be requested.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bottle of water
A sense of adventure
Wet suit hire is provided
Minimum Age is 6 (with guardian), 18 (without guardian)
- $25 tour discount applies on the proviso more than 1 person be on the tour or an existing tour be operating.
- We will do our best to get in touch well in advance if the weather looks bad, unfortunately sometimes mother nature wins. If our regulations allow us to operate then we will operate.
- A weight limit of 105kg applies.
- Suitable for all ages above 6 years old.
- All children (16 and under) must be supervised by a responsible adult (18 or over).
Both the Operator and any Agent (including their respective employees, agents, officers and directors) exclude, to the fullest extent possible under law, all and any liability for any loss, damage or injury (whether direct or indirect or consequential, however arising) suffered by the Guest or any person associated with the Guest in relation to the booked activity. All activities have elements of risk and all guests undertaking any activity do so voluntarily and at their own risk. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, all warranties, representations and implied terms are also excluded. The Operator reserves all rights to cancel any Activity at its discretion for (but not limited to) any of the following reasons: a) lake, road or weather conditions; b) lack of numbers participating in the Activity; c) unsuitability of Guest(s) due to reasons such as age, ill health, poor fitness, intoxication or any other reasons rendering a Guest unsuitable or unfit to participate in the Activity; d) any other circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of the Operator. All Guests agree to adhere to any instructions in relation to the Activity from the Operator at all time. These terms are subject to rights and remedies you have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 2003.
No refunds within 24 hours of departure unless the Operator cancels the activity due to lake, road or weather conditions. Otherwise, refunds are granted solely at the discretion of the Agent according to the Operator's cancellation policy. Refunds may only be obtained from the Booking Agent.
- NO PICK-UP - Meeting at the Lake
- Rotorua i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
Reviews for Rotorua Stand-Up Paddle (SUP) Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely